Grants & Campaign Manager
Posted by Boys and Girls Clubs of Philadelphia on May 5, 2014
The Grants & Campaign Manager is responsible for the overall management and coordination of Boys & Girls Clubs’ annual It Just Takes One campaign, endowment and planned giving programs. He or she is responsible to the Executive Communications Officer and Chief Executive Officers. The Grants & Campaign Manager is responsible for seeking and securing all capital and programmatic grants for the organization’s capital initiatives and future capital campaigns.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Composes statistical reports regarding solicitor analysis, donor giving and annual comparisons.
- Ensures the maintenance of the donor database and ensures all thank you letters for monetary gifts and pledges are processed within a 3-day period.
- Assists the Executive Communications Officer (ECO) in all aspects of individual donor communication.
- Manages the It Just Takes One campaign keeping solicitors on task, updating reports, submitting bi-weekly campaign reports to the ECO and Chief Executive Officers (CEOs).
- Acts as project manager on new construction and building projects.
- Attends campaign meetings as requested by the CEOs with Campaign Chairpersons and solicitors.
- Assists in the planning and coordination of the capital campaign.
- Manages the organization’s planned giving programs.
- Monitors endowment giving.
- Maintains and implements a funding calendar.
- Assumes other duties and responsibilities as deemed necessary by the ECO and/or CEOs.
EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS/SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE NEEDED:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college/university required.
- Between 3-5 years of capital campaign management and fund development with a definable level of professional success, and/or related experience.
- Excellent verbal skills are a must, as well as written.
- Excellent grant-writing skills are required.
- Must be able to focus and work quickly & efficiently under pressure to meet multiple deadlines.
- Be able to take initiative and work independently without direct supervision.
- Qualified candidates should possess excellent computer skills (Microsoft Office Word, Access, Powerpoint and Excel), and experience in donor-based software. Knowledge of Raiser’s Edge and/or Metafile preferred.
- Must be organized and have good analytical skills.
- Good presentation skills, accuracy and attention to detail are a must.
- Be able to acquire and maintain sound knowledge and understanding of the organization, and of youth and their needs.
- Most importantly, the right candidate needs to be energetic, reliable, loyal and a team player.
- Compensation will be between $32,000 – $37,000, depending on experience. The Grants & Campaign Manager will also be eligible for benefits.
- Research Project Coordinator
- Executive Director, Montgomery County Redevelopment Authority
- Director of Administration, City of Philadelphia Law Department
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.