Grants Associate, Philadelphia Zoo
Posted by on July 21, 2008
Grants Associate (Philadelphia Zoo)
Under the direction of the Director of Grants, this position coordinates the department’s grant process, including writing general operating support proposals and reports, maintaining an accurate grants calendar, maintaining grant information in the donor database, writing and submitting acknowledgements and related administrative functions.
1. Bachelor’s degree; at least 3 years of development experience preferred.
2. Superior writing skills; excellent grammar and punctuation; attention to detail.
3. Proficiency in Word, Excel, and Access; experience working with a donor database (Raiser’s Edge preferred), including skills in query and report generation.
4. High level of professionalism. Able to represent Zoo and Development staff to donors and others with poise, tact and professionalism.
5. Excellent administrative, organizational and time management skills.
6. Ability to establish priorities, and to initiate, coordinate and organize projects through to completion accurately and on time.
7. Excellent phone manner and superior interpersonal skills.
8. Ability to maintain confidential information.
9. May be required to work a flexible schedule including evenings or weekends to support major development events.
To apply, please visit our website at http://www.philadelphiazoo.org
- Senior Program Officer – Child Health and Early Childhood, Center for Health Care Strategies
- Director of Ending Hunger For Good, Philabundance
- Partnership Manager, OIC of America – Nov 6
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.