Grant Writer, First Person Arts
First Person Arts is seeking a grant writer to join our growing development team.
We are looking for an experienced grant writer who will be responsible for researching, writing and submitting funding requests to foundations and donor organizations that provide over $350,000 annually in support of the organization’s programs and initiatives. S/he will also assist with database management, gift acknowledgment and special events management.
First Person Arts was founded in 2000 with the mission to transform the drama of real life into memoir and documentary art to foster appreciation for our unique and shared experience. This mission grew out of our conviction that everyone has a story to tell and sharing our stories connects us with each other and the world.
First Person Arts offers a diverse range of programming that attracts and reflects the experiences of people of different ages, ethnicities, and genders. Our pioneering approach is expressed through the many innovative programs we have launched, including the annual First Person Festival of Memoir and Documentary Art, now in its 10th year, and the award-winning First Person StorySlams.
Required Skills and Qualifications
• Superior writing and proof-reading skills
• Expert understanding of the grant writing process
• Experience writing successful proposals for highly competitive grants
• Sense of initiative and the ability to undertake and successfully conclude grant proposals with minimal supervision
• Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines
• Acute attention to detail with speed and accuracy
• Database / CRM Management experience
• Advanced abilities with Microsoft Office
• Commensurate with experience
Please submit a cover letter, resume, list of three professional references and two relevant writing samples to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.