JEVS Human Services
Grant Professional, JEVS Human Services
As one of the largest non-profit organizations in the Delaware Valley, JEVS Human Services helps people from all walks of life including the under and unemployed as well as the elderly and individuals with physical, developmental, and emotional challenges. We are looking to hire a Grant Professional for our Business Development team in Center City.
As the Grant Professional, you will actively participate in the design of new program concepts and work to secure funding for them, as well as continued funding for existing services.
In this role you will work externally with collaborating agencies, government funders, and foundations.Internally, you will facilitate and participate in program development teams, funding planning, proposal writing and works closely with program staff.
JEVS’ development work is mission driven, focused, impact-oriented and tied to strategic initiatives.
Our successful Grant Professionals:
• Craft outstanding proposals that win government (Federal, state and local) and private foundation funding
• Effectively participate in, facilitate, and lead teams that create new program concepts or service expansions. Prepare program concept papers and funding needs in a manner that touches funders and results in funding support
• Prepare well-researched reports on market, industry and best practices including competitive intelligence. These reports may include primary and secondary research.
• Complete necessary applications and contracts for programs and services seeking to be established, renewed, or otherwise.
Skills & Requirements:
• 3+ years’ experience in grant research, development and writing, required
• Bachelor degree required; graduate degree preferred
• Excellent writing and oral communication skills required
• Experience with multiple software systems, including Microsoft Office, Microsoft Outlook, and Salesforce
• Creative thinker, independent worker, and self-starter with the drive to manage multiple projects and to create positive results.
At JEVS, we support and commit to our employees by fostering a positive, interactive, ethical and diverse work environment; focusing on professional development and leadership at all levels; and providing an excellent benefits package.
JEVS Human Services is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities. The Agency will not engage in or tolerate unlawful discrimination (including any form of unlawful harassment) on account of a person’s gender, age, race, color, religion, creed, sexual preference or orientation, marital status, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, military status, veteran status, handicap, disability, or membership in any other protected group. Qualified individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply; reasonable accommodations will be provided.
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.