Grad Student Internship, Hope Partnership School
Posted by Hope Partnership for Education on April 25, 2016
Paid Internship for Education Graduate Student Interested in Adult Education/Adult Literacy
The Hope Partnership School
Fall Term 2016
Hope Partnership’s Adult Education Program uses a multidisciplinary approach in providing adult basic education and test preparation for the Pennsylvania Commonwealth Secondary School Diploma (CSSD). The school serves up to 100 adults from our community each year. Our experienced faculty of ten volunteer teachers have extensive professional training and expertise across all subject matter including language arts, math, science, social studies, and computer basics. As a result of our rapidly growing program, we seek a graduate student intern to serve as our Curriculum Specialist for the upcoming fall term. The qualifications, responsibilities, and compensation for this position are listed below.
* Current candidate in Master’s or Ph.D. program in Education. Strong interest in adult literacy and adult education preferred.
* Passion and commitment to deliver effective education services to under-served urban communities.
* Training and expertise in curriculum development.
* Possess self initiative and the ability to work independently and productively.
* Excellent research, writing, and teamwork skills.
* Work with mentor and other teachers to establish and integrate learning outcomes over multiple instructional levels.
* Survey and select best practices and curriculum materials for each area and level.
* Assist with the development of assessment and progress monitoring strategies that are aligned with learning outcomes.
* Draft a curriculum that reflects the integrated learning outcomes and identifies the most effective curriculum materials and resources for each area and level.
* Present this document to mentor and other teachers for review and input.
* Submit final curriculum with supporting material at the end of the internship.
Compensation : Stipend of $2,500 for approximately 125 hours.
If interested, please contact:
Pam Carunchio, Director of Adult Education & Strategic Partnerships
Hope Partnership for Education
office: 215-352-3393 | cell: 267-761-8542
2601 North 11th Street
Philadelphia, PA 19133
- PowerCorpsPHL recruiting AmeriCorps members
- Unit Director, Developmental Disabilities, Resources for Human Development
- Center for Black Educator Development – Emerging Leader Fellowship Opportunity – Dec 31
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.