Good Schools Pennsylvania: Campus Organizer – Job Description
Posted by on September 6, 2002
Campus Organizer – Job Description
Good Schools Pennsylvania is a coalition of grassroots, regional, statewide and national organizations to mobilizing parents, students and concerned citizens to advocate for improved public education.
Duties of Field Mangers
1. Work with identified campus contact to help establish campus groups of at least ten students each who meet monthly to learn about and take action within the constructs of the Campaign.
2. Identify new campus contacts who are willing to recruit groups of students on campus and and meet with these groups to support their education and action efforts.
3. Meet with student leaders to brief them on the Campaign’s efforts and solicit their involvement and support.
4. Identify existing campus organizations and solicit their endorsement of the Campaign’s efforts.
5. Plan campus events that will promote the visibility of the Campaign.
6. Identify campus events, conferences or over venues where the Campaign could be involved to promote the public education agenda on campuses or where college students may congregate
7. Manage the logistics associated with taking Campaign members to statewide rallies, vigils, meetings or conferences.
8. Maintain a database of campus contacts.
9. Participate in all statewide Campaign staff meetings, processes, etc.
1. Strong verbal and written communication skills (writing samples required).
2. At least two years experience while a college student organizing students on some type of social or public policy issue.
3. Highly organized and detail oriented.
4. Able to type and use MS Office Products.
5. Willingness to work with individuals of different faiths.
6. Sense of humor.
7. Ability to conceptualize creative ways to engage local activists.
8. Ability to work evenings and weekends.
9. Driver’s license.
One Campus Organizer will be hired. He/She will report directly to the Good Schools Pennsylvania Campaign Manager. She/He will receive support from the Campaign Communications Director and the Database and Public Relations Consultants.
Organizers will be on salary and receive health benefits. Salary will be negotiated individually and depend on the expertise and experience of the individual.
Send resumes to Donnacooper1@cs.com
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.