Good Neighbor Citizenship Company Grants program
Posted by State Farm Companies Foundation on September 11, 2017
State Farm Companies Foundation Invites Applications for 2018 Grants Program
The State Farm Companies Foundation values inclusiveness and diversity. To that end, its charitable funding is intended to advance access, equity, and inclusiveness while discouraging harmful discrimination based on age, political affiliation, race, national origin, ethnicity, gender, disability, sexual orientation or gender identity, or religious beliefs.
To advance this mission, the foundation is accepting applications from nonprofit organizations for its Good Neighbor Citizenship Company Grants program, which supports safety, education, and community-development programs around the country.
1) Safety: Grants of up to $5,000 will be awarded to programs that promote auto and roadway safety, teen driver education, home safety and fire prevention, and disaster preparedness and recovery.
2) Education: Grants of up to $5,000 will be awarded to programs that advance teacher development, service-learning, and education reform/systemic improvement.
3) Community Development: Grants of up to $5,000 will be awarded to programs related to affordable housing, job training, neighborhood revitalization, small business development, financial literacy, and first-time homeownership.
To be eligible, applicants must be an educational institution, a government entity aligned with State Farm’s charitable focus, 501(c)(3) charitable nonprofit organizations, 501(c)(4) volunteer fire companies, or 501(c)(6) chambers of commerce.
The foundation will begin accepting 2018 applications on September 1, 2017. Applications must be received no later than October 31, 2017.
See the State Farm website for complete program guidelines and application instructions.
Deadline: October 31, 2017
More in "Grant Opportunities"
- Opportunity Youth Relief Fund
- Resist Invites Applications for Social Change, Justice Grants – Sep 4
- Sorenson Impact Foundation Invites LOIs for COVID-19 Recovery – Aug 30
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.