Global Youth Service Day
Posted by Youth Service America on February 20, 2017
Global Youth Service Day (GYSD) is the largest service event in the world, and the only one dedicated to the contributions that children and youth make 365 days of the year. As we gear up for GYSD (now just 9 weeks away), we want to showcase the great work youth are doing year round, and challenge you to think about how you can use Global Youth Service Day as part of a longer-term project.
- We asked our YSA grantees to share what service means to them. Many of these youth are repeat GYSD participants (one is a NINE year GYSD veteran!) and offer great insight on why they serve.
- Reyes Maria Ruiz Leadership Academy, one of YSA’s Good Neighbor Impact Schools, is gearing up for Global Youth Service Day by creating a culture of service that links curriculum across several days of service including MLK Day, 9/11 Day, and GYSD.
- Our Lead Agencies support high-impact, high-visibility youth service activities on GYSD and year-round, with projects that aim to engage youth and/or target community building.
If you’re already engaging in service year round with either your school or organization, Global Youth Service Day is a great way to continue that work. Register your project on the GYSD Map and use our promotional tools to tell others how you are serving, 365 days of the year.
More in "New Resources"
- Department of Planning and Development Housing Helper Benefit Tool
- New Issue of Liberal Education: How COVID-19 Turned Higher Ed Upside Down
- New Newsletter: Pathways to Reform, Transformation, and Reconciliation
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.