Global Warming: An Issue of Justice with Jim Wallis
Posted by on August 4, 2006
Global Warming: An Issue of Justice
Wednesday, October 11, 2006
An evening of provocative discussion about global warming and the role of people of faith, presented by Citizens for Pennsylvania’s Future (PennFuture) and Bryn Mawr Presbyterian Church.
Featuring the Reverend Jim Wallis, Author, “God’s Politics: Why the Right Gets It Wrong and the Left Doesn’t Get It.”
A panel will speak about what individuals, organizations and government can do to make a difference here in Pennsylvania. These faith, environmental, and government leaders will include:
* John Hanger, PennFuture, moderator
* The Hon. Kathleen McGinty, Secretary of the Pennsylvania Dept. of Environmental Protection
* Rabbi James Egolf, Beth David Reform Congregation
* Joy Bergey, Pennsylvania Interfaith Climate Change Campaign
Wednesday evening, October 11, 2006
7:30 to 9:00 PM
Bryn Mawr Presbyterian Church
625 Montgomery Avenue
Bryn Mawr, PA 19010
Space is limited
Don’t wait – register today for your spot at this FREE event by using our online form or call PennFuture to register at 1-800-321-7775.
Pennsylvania Interfaith Climate Change Campaign
The workshop is made possible by the generous support of The Energy Foundation & Emily Hall Tremaine Foundation.
More in "Other Local Events and Workshops"
- Stern Community Lawyering Clinic: Public Benefits Webinar – Aug 18
- Webinar: Latinos in Leadership – 8/19
- Forward Equitable Development Conference Conversation #3 – Aug 12
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.