Middle East Center
Global Citizen Fellowship for Philadelphia Area Teachers
The Middle East Center at the University of Pennsylvania, the Tellal Institute, and GEMS Education are delighted to announce a fellowship in Global Citizenship for TWO Delaware Valley teachers and their classes.
The fellowship will run from March 1st to May 30th, with a 10-day teaching residency, Arabic language immersion, and culture exchange in the United Arab Emirates. The UAE program will take place from April 14th – April 24th.
Participants will receive:
- A partner classroom in the UAE
- A travel stipend of up to $850 for airfare
- A 10-day homestay with an Arabic language teacher in the UAE
- 12 hours of introductory Arabic language instruction
Participants will be expected to:
- Have a bi-weekly planning call with partner teacher in UAE from March 1 – May 30
- Lead a weekly Global Citizenship activity in own classroom
- Have students engage with partner class on Global Citizenship via online platform
- Participate co-teaching in and language instruction programs in UAE
How to apply – Submit the following three documents to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Statement of Purpose, outlining how the fellowship will be incorporated into your curriculum, and how it might relate to your previous teaching experience and philosophy
- Letter of endorsement from your school principal
- No previous Arabic experience required
- Open to all Delaware Valley teachers teaching in the following counties: Kent, New Castle, Cecil, Cumberland, Burlington, Camden, Atlantic, Gloucester, Salem, Berks, Philadelphia, Chester, Delaware, Montgomery, Bucks
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.