ResCare Workforce Services
GED Instructor, ResCare Workforce Services
ResCare Workforce Services is the nation’s most comprehensive provider of services and solutions designed to help put people to work.
Our combination of career center operations, Job Corps centers, schools, business services and family support functions are the largest for-profit collection of workforce solutions in the United States.
With more than 350 ResCare-managed operations throughout the nation, our team of more 2,000 workforce professionals use the industry’s best practices to assist approximately 1 million job seekers and thousands of employers annually to help reduce poverty, crime and unemployment in the communities we serve.
Since 1968, our mission to “assist people to reach their highest level of independence” has motivated our staff of workforce experts to develop cutting-edge strategies that (1) help job seekers and students prepare for self-sustaining employment opportunities, (2) support businesses in their efforts to secure qualified employees and (3) allow us to function as a trusted community partner in every market where we operate.
“ResCare employees say they love their jobs because they help transform peoples’ lives and their communities” If you have a passion to help others – join us, make a difference and grow.
· Instructs in GED preparation, in addition to providing instruction for career related activities.
· Provides participant with a credential representing mastery of certain basic competencies desirable to employers.
· Provide educational instruction in assigned subject/topic areas to include mathematical, science, and other topics as deemed necessary for young adults ages 16-24.
· Prepare participants for Pre-GED and GED exams.
· Provides classroom instruction to participants in computer literacy, job search techniques, life skills, money management, job retention strategies, pre-vocational/career transition opportunities and one-on-one tutoring.
· Uses classroom instruction and group participation activities to assist program participants in learning basic math, reading, writing skills, vocabulary, grammar; publishing skills including proofreading, editing, graphic layout, etc.
· Tests and documents the attainment of competencies and academic progress.
· Provides case management including attendance and behavior issues and agency referrals.
· Help maintain client files.
· Provides individual counseling related to vocational exploration, goal setting, and problem-solving; addresses behavioral problems.
· Strong communication and organizational skills; strong computer and publishing skills.
· Ability to communicate clearly and concisely.
· Relate well with youth and young adults.
· Enthusiastic with ability to motivate.
· Experience in presenting workshops to hard to-serve individuals (especially youth).
· Experience working with participants with one or more barriers to employment.
Location: Bristol, PA
Please forward your resume to Rspangler@rescare.com
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.