Gearing Up Team Leader
Posted by Gearing Up on May 5, 2014
Gearing Up is a nonprofit organization whose mission is to provide women in transition from abuse, addiction and/or incarceration with the skills, equipment, and guidance needed to safely ride a bicycle for exercise, transportation, and personal growth.
Compensation: Starting at $12/hour; 5-8 hours/week
Location: West Philadelphia
Gearing Up Team Leaders directly program at a partner program in Philadelphia that provides residential or outpatient services to women in transition. The primary responsibility of team leader is to safely lead 2-3 weekly bicycle rides, providing women with opportunities for exercise, healthy social interaction and the emotional benefits of exercise.
Additional responsibilities include:
• Mentor women on safe and effective bicycle riding skills
• Track all clients’ miles and progress; provide incentives
• Track and confirm all required client paperwork and report required data to Impact Evaluation Manager
• Enforce all Gearing Up rules, expectations, and rider responsibilities
• Managing rider recruitment at the partner program
• Communicating directly with therapists, case workers, and management to report on client’s progress and struggles while engaging in Gearing Up programming
• Attending community meeting at the partner program and Gearing Up staff meetings
• Safely store and maintain Gearing Up bicycles at the partner program
• Coordinates and schedules all earn-a-bike graduations for clients who have reached 100 miles and completed basic bicycle maintenance clinics taught by Team Leader monthly
• All other duties as assigned
• Strong bicycle maintenance and riding abilities
• Own safe and working bicycle and helmet to fulfill job responsibilities
• Previous experience working with similar population/women
• Responsible and reliable individual
• The ability to self-direct, organize, and multi-task
• Ability to lift 40 lbs. and ability to comfortably ride a bike in a variety of climates
Gearing Up does not discriminate in programs, services, staffing and/or volunteer areas on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, sexual orientation, age, marital status, national origin, religion, or other protected status under applicable law.
All interested applicants please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.