Fundraising and Development Intern, Philadelphia Community Corps
Posted by Philadelphia Community Corps on August 1, 2016
Interested in being a part of a dynamic, rapidly developing nonprofit organization? We are currently seeking motivated, versatile interns to join our team for the summer! See the listings below for the positions available. Interested applicants should send a cover letter and resume to Alex McNeil – email@example.com. Learn more about our organization by visiting our website: http://www.philadelphiacommunitycorps.org. All positions require about 8 – 12 hours/week, preferably two to three days a week in our North East Philadelphia office. Compensation: These are unpaid/volunteer internships
Fundraising and Development Intern Job Description
The Fundraising and Development Intern will work with the Managing Director to identify and pursue funding and material supply sources to expand organizational capacity. This includes, but is not limited to, grants, individual giving and crowdfunding campaigns, in-kind donations, and salvage material pick-ups. The Intern will gain valuable experience in marketing, fundraising and revenue generation and tracking for nonprofit organizations.
● Work with staff to develop a list of current and prospective donors.
● Assist in organizing and implementation of awareness and giving campaigns.
● Help with researching, identifying and applying for applicable grants.
● Assist with grant management and reporting.
● Assist in planning fundraising and networking events.
● Collaborating with staff on new ideas, directions, and venues for fundraising.
● Assist in processing donations and preparing acknowledgement letters.
● Completed or working toward a college degree, preferably in a related field (e.g., English, Marketing/Communications, or Public Relations, Hospitality, Nonprofit Management, or other relevant major).
● Previous internship or related experience in marketing or communications is a plus.
● Must be computer literate (working knowledge of word processing, PowerPoint, Excel). Knowledge of Word Press a plus.
● An effective communicator, both written and oral.
● Ability to communicate in a professional manner with press and community contacts.
● Self-motivated, good organizational skills, detail-oriented, ability to prioritize, multi-task and meet deadlines.
● Interest in nonprofit development/fundraising.
● Experience with Google Forms, Doodle, Wiggio, or similar online resources prefered.
● Must have reliable transportation
More in "Partnerships Classifieds"
- Recruiting Mentors for 2021 Spring Session, the DREAM Program
- Volunteer Mentors Needed, Big Brothers Big Sisters Independence Region
- Volunteer Board Member, Family Services of Montgomery County
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.