Free Webinar: What does it mean to be committed to “ethical, critical, aspirationally de-colonial community-based learning and research?” – Feb 6
Posted by Globalsl on February 4, 2020
Please join us this Thursday, February 6, from 2:30 – 4:00 pm EST, when members of the Globalsl Steering Committee are hosting a FREE, discursive webinar for anyone interested in learning more about the meaning and intent of our mission and member commitments. The Globalsl mission is “to advance ethical, critical, and aspirationally decolonial community-based learning and research for more just, inclusive, and sustainable communities.”
Commitments, draft version at the link, are based on community-driven principles embodied in Fair Trade Learning. The principles were developed through direction from and in consultation with colleagues based all around the world. They are oriented toward structural re-imagination from our diverse locations across campus-community partnerships dedicated to building more must, inclusive, and sustainable communities.
Space is limited. Participants must register here: https://compact.org/what-does-it-mean-to-be-committed-to-ethical-critical-aspirationally-de-colonial-community-based-learning-and-research/
- Signing up for our email list in the left column on our Blog and Website hosted by Campus Compact at https://compact.org/global-sl/
- Following us on Twitter @BuildingBetterW or on Facebook
- A recent related article with Frontiers’ Special Issue on Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion in Education Abroad, “Coloniality-Decoloniality and Critical Global Citizenship: Identity, Belonging, and Education Abroad.” (https://frontiersjournal.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/01/Frontiers-XXXII-1-Hartman_et_al-Coloniality-Decoloniality_and_Critical_Global_Citizenship.pdf)
More in "Miscellaneous"
- Virtual Fall 2020 Grant Writing Certificate Program – Oct 6
- Couch Party – Virtual Text Banking to Turn Out the Vote – Sep 22
- Protected Spaces: The Rise and Fall of the Public Bathroom in the United States: A Preliminary Research Report – Oct 22
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.