Free Virtual Literacy Program for Grandparents
Posted by SOWN on November 24, 2020
Grandfamily Resource Center presents Philly Families Read Together, a free virtual program that helps grandparents who are raising their grandchildren learn ways to advance and enrich the development of literacy in their younger grandchildren, ages 3-8.
Join our virtual workshop to:
- Connect with other grandparents.
- Get free children’s books for your home library.
- Help your grandchild build strong reading, writing, speaking, and listening skills.
- Learn to use text, email, Zoom, and other popular apps (tablets provided for training).
The 18-week virtual program encourages grandparents to be Literacy Champions. Participants build connections with one another while learning how to foster reading, writing, speaking, and listening skills in children. We focus on three themes:
- Weeks 1-6: Literacy at Home
- Weeks 7-12: Literacy at School
- Weeks 13-18: Literacy in the Community
Time: Wednesdays, 9:00-11:00 AM
Enroll now. Space is limited. Contact Jessica Begley at 215-487-3000 ext. 24 or email@example.com.
More in "Other Local Events and Workshops"
- Webinar: Helping Gun Violence Survivors – Mar 3
- Back to Work: Leveraging Your Skills to Find Better Opportunities – Mar 3
- Webinar: All About Logos – Feb 25
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.