Health Federation of Philadelphia
Free Tobacco Education Training for Early Childhood Educators – Apr. 30
Develop the confidence you need to talk to families about their tobacco use!
Sign up now for the April 30, 2019 workshop: 9:30 AM – 11:30 AM, 6th Floor, Conference Room C, 123 South Broad Street, Philadelphia, PA, email: firstname.lastname@example.org or call Monica Sullivan at 215-977-8990 to schedule a training.
This free training class funded through SmokeFreePhilly is designed specifically for early childhood educators in Philadelphia. Each session is two and a half hours and will cover:
- The harmful effects of tobacco
- The relationship between trauma and tobacco use
- Intergenerational patterns associated with tobacco use
- The impact of tobacco on targeted groups
- The role of organizational policies and practices that may inadvertently encourage tobacco use
- Organizational strategies that support tobacco cessation
- The impact of tobacco exposure on social-emotional development
PQAS Credits Available
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.