National College Access Network
#FormYourFuture FAFSA Completion Institute – Jul 10-11
Register for the #FormYourFuture FAFSA Completion Institute in July!
We’ve heard this time and time again, FAFSA completion is the gateway to postsecondary access and attainment.
The data are compelling:
- Only 61%of high school graduates in 2018 completed the FAFSA by June 30.
- Students who didn’t complete the FAFSA left $2.6 billion in Pell Grant funding “on the table” for the 2018-19 academic year.
- Students who need financial aid the most are least likely to apply.
Fortunately, communities across the country have demonstrated it is possible to raise completion rates by at least 10% in just one year with the right planning, strategies, and partnerships.
Join NCAN and presenters from cities that have increased FAFSA completion rates to learn how to significantly boost FAFSA completion for your students too. We encourage you to come to this institute with a cross-sector team from your community, roll up your sleeves, and plan for how you will address this issue during the 2019-20 academic year.
The institute will cover the following topics:
- Creating and strengthening cross-sector partnerships.
- Accessing and using student-level data to ensure equitable FAFSA completion outcomes.
- Using the #FormYourFuture FAFSA Tracker.
- Strategic outreach to students and families.
- How to train individuals who assist students with completing the FAFSA.
What: #FormYourFuture FAFSA Completion Institute
When: July 10-11, 2019
Where: Dallas, TX
Cost: $125/pp for NCAN members; $150/pp for nonmembers through June 1; $175/pp for NCAN members; $200/pp for nonmembers beginning June 2.
More info on the event and registration can be found here. Be sure to scroll to the bottom of this page for details on institute logistics and preferred hotels. Space is extremely limited so gather your team and register soon!
Please contact Sara Melnick at email@example.com with any questions.
Many thanks to Ascendium Education Group and The Kresge Foundation for sponsoring this event.
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.