Food Stamp Forum
Posted by on September 1, 2008
2008 WORLD FOOD DAY
FOOD STAMP FORUM
“BIGGER BENEFITS, EXPANDED ELIGIBILITY”
Thursday, October 16, 2008 9:00 AM
United Way Building * Ben Franklin Parkway
Food costs are rising and families are struggling to make ends meet. What can you do help? Come learn about new changes to the Food Stamp Program.
– Announcement of Food Stamp Program Changes by the Department of Public Welfare
– Keynote Address: Economic Policy and the Dinner Table
– Panels Include:
-Families with Children: Larger Benefits in Leaner Times
-Immigrants: Understanding Benefits, Expanding Outreach
-Seniors: Protecting the Vulnerable Nest Egg
MORE DETAILS TO COME
For more information, please contact The Greater Philadelphia Coalition Against Hunger at 215-430-0555
The Greater Philadelphia Coalition Against Hunger fights hunger in Southeastern Pennsylvania through education, outreach, and advocacy. Our education and advocacy programs aim to empower emergency food providers, to inform concerned citizens, and to help shape public policy. Through our outreach, we are also working to improve participation in and access to the Food Stamp Program.
More in "Other Local Events and Workshops"
- Engaged Scholarship Symposium – Mar 16-18
- Deloitte Tax Event for Nonprofits (FREE): Future Planning + Cash Benefits for Your – Mar 11
- Heritage Storytime, Episode 4: Let’s Play Together!/¡Juguemos Junto! – Mar 11
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.