Expansion of Congress for Kids website
Posted by on November 14, 2003
[posted from Points of Light listserv]
<<< Expansion of Congress for Kids >>>
The Dirksen Center’s site for kids – Congress for Kids – http://www.congressforkids.net – reached a point where it outgrew its existing Web site for one simple reason – site feedback. That’s right, site feedback warranted an expansion. Thanks to everyone who contributed comments to help improve our site!
The site provides our users with more detailed information and activities, focusing exclusively on the federal government and elections.
Instructional areas include:
* Independence (e.g., democracy, democracy vs. autocracy, the original thirteen colonies, the Declaration of Independence, Articles of Confederation)
* U.S. Constitution (e.g., delegates to the constitutional convention, writing the Constitution, the Great Compromise, signing the Constitution, ratifying the Constitution, Bill of Rights, powers of the federal government, three branches of government, checks and balances, the Amendments, women – right to vote)
* The Legislative Branch (e.g., House of Representatives, the Senate, making laws, the veto)
* The Executive Branch (e.g., the president, the president’s job, the president’s cabinet, the president and Congress, impeachment, the president has fun)
* The Judicial Branch (e.g., Supreme Court, the justices, dealing with segregation)
* Elections (e.g., election day, voting, election of the president, candidates, political parties, the primary election, national conventions, the campaign, polling places, the Electoral College, the Electoral map, inaugurations)
Although the site is designed for students in grades fourth through high school, other students, teachers, parents, and interested citizens may use the site’s functionality for free. And if you’re up for the challenge, we have uploaded 3 new introductory quizzes, too.
Take a peek! – http://www.congressforkids.net
More in "New Resources"
- New Book: Promoting Inclusive Classroom Dynamics in Higher Education
- PA Racial Equity Report, Addressing Inequity & Anti-Racism across Programs & Services
- Podcast: The Key with Inside Higher Ed – The Fall Enrollment Picture and Peril for Post-Traditional Students
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.