Executive Director, The Self Determination Housing Project of Pennsylvania
Posted by Self-Determination Housing Project of PA on April 16, 2018
The Self Determination of Housing Project of Pennsylvania (SDHP) is seeking a highly motivated individual to serve a the Executive Director. Primary responsibilities include advancing the organization’s presence within the state and to advocating for housing and services for those living with a disability so that they can live independently.
SDHP works on behalf of people with disabilities and their families, providing assistance in housing planning, helping with home modifications and providing support, training and technical assistance in dealing with landlords.
The successful candidate will have a demonstrated commitment to the disability community and the ability to develop and work on projects which seek to advance affordable and accessible housing statewide. Prior grant writing and budget development experience is essential. Prior experience within the housing and/or disability community is preferred. For a complete job description please go to http://sdhp.org.
- Bachelor’s Degree required; Master’s Degree preferred Strong written an verbal communications
- Proven ability to fundraise including grant writing
- To apply, please email the following to firstname.lastname@example.org: Cover letter
Writing sample, preferably a grant narrative no more than 3-5 pages
- Project Manager – Direct Care Worker Training Initiative
- Young Quakers Community Athletics Boys Lacrosse Coach
- Language Access Program Manager, Office of Immigrant Affairs
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.