Executive Director, Sixers Youth Foundation/Wilt Chamberlain Foundation
Posted by Sixers Youth Foundation on December 17, 2019
HBSE is seeking a dynamic individual to lead the Sixers Youth Foundation and Wilt Chamberlain Foundation, while building the brand and extending its impact within the Philadelphia/Camden communities. In this role, you will lead the day-to-day operations and have direct oversight over fundraising and event strategy, financial budgeting and planning, partnership development and community engagement. Additionally, you will develop and execute fully integrated programming designed to provide significant engagement in Philadelphia/Camden communities through sports and entertainment.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Articulate and promote the mission and values of the Sixers Youth Foundation and Wilt Chamberlain Foundations; heighten brand awareness and expand outreach within the community
- Play a pivotal role in the fiscal and program success while at the same time helping to shape public issues, enliven and inform public debate and convene community leaders on matters of public concern
- Play a key operational role in designing signature fundraising programs and components; lead fundraising activities and provide day-to-day direction
- Provide internal and external organization leadership and management
- Handle the grant submission & review process; provide consultation to Board of Directors for grant recipients, and handle allocation of funds to grant recipients
- Build support and constructive relationships with Board members, community leaders and sponsorship clientele; implement development strategies to continually engage Board members and other constituents
- Lead special events including, but not limited to an annual gala, game night events, employee volunteer projects and other special events
- Collaborate with the Community Relations team as they continue to develop and expand employee strategies around giving back.
- Plan and organize special programs year-round to maintain Foundation involvement and impact within the community
- Provide day-to-day management of the Foundation, including financial planning, operations, marketing communications, and social media presence
Learn more at: https://www.linkedin.com/jobs/view/1596088353/
- Director of Ending Hunger For Good, Philabundance
- Partnership Manager, OIC of America – Nov 6
- City Homeless Office Offers Youth Internship
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.