Prevent Suicide PA
Executive Director, Prevent Suicide PA
We’re looking to identify an energetic, enthusiastic, highly organized individual who is looking to grow their experience to leading an organization into new strategic development.
Prevent Suicide PA is at a key time in its trajectory, looking for an Executive Director to bring new vision and leadership to grow this organization. PSPA has recently completed a merger between the Pennsylvania Adult/Older Adult Suicide Prevention Coalition, AOASPC ,and the Pennsylvania Youth Suicide Prevention Initiative, PAYSPI, to bring together effective teams and resources to better serve our constituents across the state of Pennsylvania.
We’re looking for a leader to bring in their own experience in fundraising, executing strategic vision, and coordination to grow our organization. We know that a successful Executive Director will bring previous experience while learning from our expertise in executing suicide prevention programming across the state of PA.
Fundraising: At this growth point in our trajectory, growing our fundraising capacity will be a critical part of our organizational strategy. As the Executive Director this will be a core focus and will include:
- To develop and implement a rigorous and continuous fundraising plan to meet resource objectives; maintain existing support and continue to develop relationships
- Explore new potential fundraising opportunities including additional foundation grant support, individual donor relationships, and explore revenue generating opportunities
Work with our accountant to manage the budget and ensure the stewardship of organizational financial resources;
- Work with our accountant to ensure appropriate controls and financial systems are in place; Prepare financial statements in accordance with PSPA Accountant for the Board of Directors
- Work with our accountant to ensure the timely preparation and filing of all financial and tax-related documents.
Strategic Vision & Programming
- In coordination with the Board of Directors, serve as the lead of Strategic Vision and Planning for the growth of Prevent Suicide PA. Work with the Board of Directors to ensure that a strategic plan incorporates focused goals for the organization, corresponding programming, and a fundraising plan to adequately support that vision
- In FY17-18 this will include finalizing the plan for the merger; Moving forward this will include prioritizing all program initiatives based on evaluative information, fundraising capacity to support these programs, and determining the best opportunities for collaboration and growth
- Coordinate all aspects of programming including: Trainings, Annual Conference, PSA Competition, Drive Out Suicide Campaign, and other awareness events
Communication & Outreach
- Serve as Primary contact and support for all PSPA Relationships (e.g. Task Forces) and represent Prevent Suicide PA to stakeholders; acting as an ambassador for the organization
- Represent PSPA at multiple topical conferences and trainings across Pennsylvania, Nationally, and potentially internationally. Applicant must be willing and able to travel.
- State Suicide Prevention Conference: This conference coordinated by PSPA provides training to the public, mental health professionals, attempt survivors and loss survivors, and veterans.
- Responsible for working with Board Committee to plan and execute all aspects of our Annual Conference; including external communications, on-site event management; and supervising the design of the content and structure of the event
- Ensure appropriate systems are in place to facilitate the day to day operations of the organization (program management, development, and administration)
- Works with Board Chair to prepare agenda for Board Meetings, and attend all Board Meetings as coordinated by Board Chair
Ideal candidates will have the following qualifications:
- Three+ years of experience in an Development, or Leadership role
- Prior experience leading a local/regional operation of a nonprofit is a plus, but not a requirement
- An authentic and engaging leadership style with an ability to inspire confidence and raise the profile of an organization’s work and mission
- Experience managing projects with multiple stakeholders and multiple perspectives
- An entrepreneurial and solution-oriented mindset
- A track record of working well as part of a team
- A track record of building meaningful relationships across industries, companies, and networks throughout your career
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- A passion for social change
- An understanding of the unique challenges faced by small non-profits
- Acute diplomatic skills and a natural affinity for cultivating relationships and persuading, convening, facilitating, and building consensus among diverse individuals
- Personal qualities of integrity, credibility and respect
- Applicant can be based anywhere in Pennsylvania, but must have ability to travel across the state to meetings, conferences, fundraising events, constituent meetings, etc.
How to Apply:
Please send a resume and cover letter to Govan Martin, Co-Chair of AOSPC, at firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday, March 17th
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.