Executive Director, Mentoring Partnership
Position: Executive Director, Mentoring Partnership
Location: Philadelphia, PA-based (regional position with travel to four counties)
AGENCY OVERVIEW AND JOB DESCRIPTION
JOIN A FORWARD-THINKING ORGANIZATION THAT HAS BEEN PROVEN TO MAKE A POSITIVE IMPACT ON CHILDREN’S LIVES.
Big Brothers Big Sisters Southeastern PA (BBBS SEPA) is the largest BBBS agency in the state and one of the 10 largest in the nation. Our mission is to provide children facing adversity with strong and enduring, professionally supported one-to-one mentoring relationships that change their lives for the better, forever. In 2015, BBBS SEPA is launching the Mentoring Partnership a new initiative in partnership with MENTOR, the national Mentoring Partnership. The Mentoring Partnership will be dedicated to helping other service providers expand the opportunities youth have for access to high-quality, safe mentoring relationships beyond that of one-to-one mentoring that has been the traditional BBBS service model. The primary focus areas of this initiative will be training and technical assistance, stakeholder engagement, data collection and advocacy. As such, we seek an entrepreneurial Executive Director, Mentoring Partnership whose primary responsibility is to help set the strategic direction, oversee all operations and garner resources and support for the new Mentoring Partnership. This externally focused position reports to the Chief Program Officer.
1. In partnership with the CPO, Mentoring Partnership Advisory Council and senior leadership, establish strategic partnerships, and educational programs that will advance youth mentoring in the region.
2. Responsible for researching, stewarding and soliciting resources to support the efforts of the Mentoring Partnership.
3. Advocate with state, local and federal decision makers, both individually and with partners, on important policy issues relevant to youth in order to highlight the critical role of evidence-based mentoring in supporting positive outcomes for youth; actively participate in the national mentoring partnership network.
4. In partnership with the VP, Marketing and Communications, strategically envision and align a marketing, communications and social media strategy that establishes the Mentoring Partnership as a vital resource in the region.
5. Partner with the CPO to develop strategies and priorities for the Mentoring Partnership that are translated to results orientated action plans and quality programming.
6. Oversee other Mentoring Partnership staff and consultants, and support their ongoing professional growth and development.
7. Participate as a member of the BBBS SEPA team and support program development, fundraising and planning in existing functional areas as needed.
- Senior Program Officer – Child Health and Early Childhood, Center for Health Care Strategies
- Director of Ending Hunger For Good, Philabundance
- Partnership Manager, OIC of America – Nov 6
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.