Executive Director, Mayfair Business Improvement District
Posted by Mayfair Business Improvement District on September 11, 2017
MBID seeks an individual with proven leadership, management, communication, and fundraising skills as its Executive Director. Reporting to the Board of Directors, the Executive Director will work in partnership with the Board on all matters necessary for it to adopt appropriate operations and policies to support MBID’s mission and its 5 year Plan. The position will manage a staff and/or contractors with an organizational budget of roughly $270,000.
- MBID Operations: Management of services as outlined in the MBID 5 year plan including commercial corridor cleaning and security, marketing and events, and capital improvements. Responsibilities include coordination of provider selection and contracting, and supervision of all consultants and individuals involved in providing services.
- Financial Management: Maintenance of financial and legal records. Management of BID assessment collections. Maintenance of MBID property owner database.
- Board of Directors Management: Provide staff support to the MBID Board of Directors and subcommittees while promoting broad participation from property owners, business owners and other stakeholders in the governance and operations of the BID.
- Fundraising and Sponsorship: Solicit donations and identify and secure funding to enhance MBID operations and to bring additional resources to the district.
- Communications and Outreach: Work with local media to attract coverage of MBID activities and the Mayfair commercial district. Promote Mayfair as a shopping and business location using social media. Communicate with MBID property owners and their tenants using email or other electronic communication. Through regular communication and face to face visits, ensure that Mayfair merchants take full advantage of City and other resources such as the Storefront Improvement Program and other grants and resources that are available.
- Representing the MBID: Represent MBID to the public. Establish and maintain strong partnerships among MBID stakeholders including residents, businesses, institutions, funders, elected officials, community groups, and others.
- Special Events: Coordinate planning and execution of special events , including seasonal Night Markets and the Mayfair May Fair.
- Undergraduate college degree required. Masters in Urban Planning, Public Administration, Business or Marketing preferred.
- Two years of experience working at, or with a non‐profit community organization
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office and QuickBooks.
- Experience with consensus building, community outreach, grant writing, and financial management.
- Experience and success in interacting with diverse slate of constituencies and stakeholders, including neighborhood business owners. Specific experience partnering with a Board of Directors preferred.
- Demonstrated indicators of self‐starter initiative, creative thinking, strong organizational and writing skills, and a passion for improving the Mayfair community.
- Ability to utilize social media and the press to publicize the activities of the BID and the Mayfair community.
- Ability to work independently a must.
- Chief Marketing Officer, Pennsylvania Horticultural Society (PHS)
- PACDC: Programs Assistant (Part-time)
- PACDC: Administrative Assistant (Part-time)
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.