Executive Director, Girard Coalition, Inc.
Posted by on May 19, 2006
Job Description: Executive Director
Reports to: Board of Directors
Organization: The Girard Coalition, Inc. (GCI) is a non-profit organization dedicated to the economic development of Girard Avenue in Philadelphia, PA from I-95 to 33rd Street. GCI is working, in concert with over 50 organizations, to identify resources for infrastructure improvements, enhance the commercial environment to strengthen existing businesses and attract additional amenities, develop community partnerships, and to improve the quality of life in the surrounding residential neighborhoods.
Responsibilities: The Executive Director?s responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
1. Complete oversight of all staff and volunteer committees of GCI.
2. Working closely with Board to prioritize projects and direct funds across the entire district.
3. Communicating with the Board and the 50 organizations, which support GCI.
4. Leading the efforts of fundraising to support the organization with an initial annual operating budget of approximately $250,000.
5. Creating, monitoring and overseeing program and operational budgets, including determining appropriate staffing levels to complete the tasks set forth by the Board.
6. Acting as the lead contact with Federal, State, and Local government officials.
7. Overseeing the promotion and marketing of Girard Avenue to shoppers and businesses, and based on the Market Analysis, devising and implementing a method to market vacant commercial parcels and storefronts on the Avenue.
8. Developing and implementing strategic plans, including The Operating Manual for Girard.
9. Creating, funding, and implementing a Cleaning program and Safety program to improve the look and sense of safety along Girard Avenue
10. Overseeing fundraising and capital programs.
Qualifications: The Executive Director must be a tireless promoter of the business district, experienced in working closely with elected officials and City and State agencies, and understand the organization and management of a non-profit organization. The successful candidate will:
 Be able to work with a diverse population of business people, residents, government officials, and funders.
 Have excellent fundraising, grant writing, organizational and administrative skills
 Possess a Bachelors Degree (Masters degree preferred)
 Excellent written and oral presentation skills,
 Have at least five years experience working with an organization of similar size,
 Have experience supervising staff,
 Have experience working with or building a fledgling organization,
 Have experience with commercial corridor management.
Girard Coalition, Incorporated encourages applications from minority and female applicants. GCI is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
For more information regarding the Girard Coalition, please view our home page at: <a href="http://www.girardcoalition.org">http://www.girardcoalition.org</a>
To apply, send a resume and cover letter, along with salary requirements By May 26, 2006 to:
By e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
By FAX: 215-825-8866
- Prevention Educator (Consultant), ADAC
- Director of Board Initiatives, School District of Philadelphia
- VISTA Leaders, Serve Philadelphia VISTA Program – Aug 1
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.