Executive Director, Delaware County
Posted by Delaware County on February 11, 2020
The Executive Director is directly responsible for the operations of various departments as outlined in the Home Rule Charter, the Administrative Code or as assigned by County Council. The Executive Director appoints directors with the concurrence of Council to head each department under supervision and authorizes the expenditures of County funds for executive departments. In coordination with all departments of County Government, the Executive Director prepares the annual County operating and capital budgets.
The Executive Director is appointed by County Council for a two-year term and is eligible for reappointment to an unlimited number of terms.
Responsibilities and Duties of the Executive Director
- Responsible for the day-to-day management of the County government.
- Responsible for the County budget which includes preparation and year-round monitoring of revenue and expense. Authorization of expenditures of county funds for departments under his/her supervision as well as accounting for such expenditures in accordance with budgetary limitations.
- Responsible for the oversight of the Capital Improvement Plan and all capital expenditures.
- Responsible for oversight of the County’s financing initiatives including the issuance of Bonds and Notes.
- Execution and enforcement of all resolutions and orders issued by Council and pertaining to operations under his/her authority.
- Interacts extensively with the Courts regarding judicial issues and initiatives.
- Works with Controller to address and develop policy issues that enhance internal controls.
- Works collaboratively with the Chief Clerk and Solicitor on County matters.
- Conduct of intergovernmental liaison programs.
- Provision of point of access for citizen and group presentation of requests and complaints relative to delivery of county services or execution of county business.
- Monthly reporting to Council in respect to matters of county administration, progress of budget execution, and recommendations for legislative authorization to insure the efficient and orderly conduct of County affairs.
- Appointment of the following personnel/department heads shall be confirmed by a majority of Council: Administrative Services, Budget Management, Buildings & Maintenance, Central Purchasing, Consumer Affairs, COSA (Senior Citizen Services), Human Services, Intercommunity Health, Motor Vehicle Management, Personnel, Planning & Community, Development, Public Relations, Public Works, Special Events, and Telecommunications.
Education and Experience
Qualified applicants will have a Bachelor’s degree in public or business administration, finance, or a related field, plus at least five years’ experience as a City/County Manager or Assistant City/County Manager, or ten years progressively more responsible work in the field of government, human services or a similar area. A Master’s degree is preferred.
Learn more and apply: http://www.affionpublic.com/positions/executive-director-delaware-county-pa
- Operations Coordinator, Green Woods Charter School
- Customer Success Manager – PA (Remote), Aunt Bertha
- Senior Program Coordinator, Community Engagement & Family Programs, Barnes Foundation
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.