Executive Director, Council on Black Health, Drexel University
The Council on Black Health (CBH), hosted at the Drexel University Dornsife School of Public Health, is poised to enter a growth phase in terms of membership and spheres of influence. The CBH Executive Director develops, manages and grows an infrastructure; leads CBH as a national thought leader on Black Health; seeks funding relevant to organizational capacity building, collaborative research, and national initiatives that align with CBH’s mission; coordinates workshops and conferences; and creates a value-based culture of inclusivity internally and externally. The Executive Director is also responsible for the daily operations of the CBH Network in accordance with strategic plans.
- Build internal and external organizational, board governance structure and membership that aligns CBH’s culture with the vision.
- Carry out programmatic objectives to realize the mission.
- Develop a funder and donor acquisition and optimization plan and strategy that allows CBH to respond to new opportunities.
- Build national brand awareness and image by engaging diverse stakeholders including the media and philanthropic communities to position the Council to reach the broader population.
- Promote and innovate for black health in collaboration with other national organizations, universities, nonprofits, for profits, faith institutions, funders and other that share common values.
- Master’s Degree, with a concentration on public health policy/practice or related field.
- A minimum of 3-5 years of relevant experience
- Ability to review and approve major recommendations, establish procedures
- Ability to maintain regular contact to carry out programs; continuing contact with officials at higher levels
- Ability to manage challenging formal negotiations
Learn more and apply: https://careers.drexel.edu/en-us/job/494674/executive-director-council-on-black-health
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.