A Woman's Place
Executive Director, A Woman’s Place
A Woman’s Place is the only Domestic Violence organization in Bucks County and has been committed to serving individuals in need for over 40 years.
A Woman’s Place (AWP) is a values-driven community benefit organization that provides comprehensive free, private, and confidential services, support, education, outreach, and advocacy to victims of domestic violence, their children and the community. We are committed to the empowerment of women and to ending intimate and domestic violence for all. Our values of courage, creativity, equality, integrity, respect and social justice are what defines us and our mission.
AWP is currently searching for an Executive Director (ED), a leader for AWP who will inspire staff, community, donors and the individuals we serve. The successful ED will demonstrate a broad range of skills, including the ability to lead the Board in a strategy discussion one day, and dive deep into program execution with staff the next. The successful candidate will be a compelling leader and masterful communicator who understands the inherent power of why we do what we do and can harness that knowledge to drive better community outcomes. The candidate will also possess an unwavering belief in our mission to make the world a better place. Additionally, the ED will provide operational leadership, including setting goals and objectives for staff, programs and the organization. The ED will lead the grant-writing and management process, inclusive of program monitoring and reporting as required by the IRS regulators and grantors.
The successful candidate should possess the following:
- A Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university, Master’s preferred
- Five years of increasing responsibility in program management
- Five years of leadership experience with the corresponding skills to facilitate an environment for staff to thrive
- Non-profit experience, not required, but preferred
- Previous grant writing experience
- The ability to manage the administrative, programmatic, financial, strategic and Board-related processes
- A demonstrated commitment to the values of their organization through their leadership and behavior
- A commitment to AWP’s Vision, Mission and Values
- The candidate will need to complete AWP’s 45-hour direct service training program and must successfully pass mandated background checks.
To apply for this position, send a cover letter outlining your qualifications against the description above, along with your resume to the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org Applications must be received by April 14, 2017.
For a full job description please go to our website at http://awomansplace.org/who/employment_opportunities.html
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.