Esperanza: Universal Workforce Facilitator (Full-time)
Esperanza has an immediate full-time opening for a Universal Workforce Facilitator who will provide work readiness instruction for participants of Esperanza’s Integrated PA CareerLink – North center. Esperanza is a faith-based non-profit organization committed to raising awareness and identifying resources that strengthen the Hispanic community.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Design, deliver and manage interactive experiential learning activities in a classroom environment.
- Assist participants in developing a Work Readiness Portfolio that includes a resume, sample application, cover letter, thank you letter, reference sheet (professional/personal), and a mock interview evaluation form.
- Teach Communication Skills and reinforce oral and written skills to provide participants with better English Proficiency.
- Prepare lesson plans, course outlines, and/or syllabi, designed to give participants marketable skills for employment.
- Monitor and facilitate instruction in the CRC.
- Work closely with program staff to ensure a team approach in providing instruction of work readiness for participants.
- Participate in the research of educational materials and equipment for training programs.
- Assist in the development and updating of curricula.
- Maintain participants’ academic records for program evaluations, update Work Readiness Profile as required for assurance, counsel participants regarding classroom performance and progress.
- Submit any required lesson plans and reports on a timely basis.
Desired Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities include:
- BA/BS degree from an accredited college or university in a related field of study is preferred.
- Prior adult education experience.
- Knowledge of/experience navigating Philadelphia Workforce Development and social service systems.
- Ability to motivate participants toward full-time, entry-level employment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficient in using Microsoft Office and other widely utilized software applications.
- Bi-lingual (English/Spanish) skills preferred.
Esperanza offers competitive pay, professional development, and a comprehensive health benefit program. Interested candidates should email a cover letter, resume, and salary requirements to: email@example.com and please indicate Universal Workforce Facilitator in the subject line.
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.