Delaware County Literacy Council
ESL Instructor, Delaware County Literacy Council
The Delaware County Literacy Council needs an ESL Instructor
Contact Kate McGeever at email@example.com for more information
The role of the ESL Instructor is to develop and implement a best-practice based curriculum rooted in the real-life needs of English language learners. The Instructor will create a learning environment that builds the life skills adult students will need to reach their potential as employees and US Citizens.
Essential Job Functions
• Prepare and deliver ESL curriculum in classroom setting. Lessons must address real-life goals including attainment of citizenship, getting or keeping employment, and transition to GED or post-secondary education
• Monitor students’ progress thru use of CASAS assessments.
• Attend Teachers meetings and professional development as approved by supervisor.
• Submit course syllabus, weekly lesson plans, and key student data, including attendance, goal attainment, and barriers to participation.
• Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Non-essential Job Functions
• Support DCLC special events.
• Minimum bachelor’s degree and 2 years of work experience in ESL instruction.
• Knowledge of adult education assessments.
• Ability to support students in connecting to support service.
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.