Environmental Justice Hackathon – Sep 12-13
Posted by PHENND on September 1, 2020
The Green Program is hosting a 2-day virtual environmental justice hackathon (or design-sprint) in collaboration with Earth Hacks on Sept 12-13. We are excited to have prominent speakers who will share their knowledge about sustainability and environmental justice, while also leading workshops during the hackathon weekend.
“Agile Talks” Featured Speakers: Learn from and connect with leaders in environmental justice, sustainability, and innovation.
- Melissa Lee, Founder & CEO, The GREEN Program
- Sanjana Paul, Founder & Executive Director, Earth Hacks
- Jasmine Sanders, Executive Director, Our Climate
- Julian Brave Noisecat (Secwepemc/St’at’imc), Vice President of Policy & Strategy, Data For Progress; Narrative Change Director, The National History Museum; Writer, Type Media Center & NDN Collective
- Edil Sepulveda Carlo, Earth Scientist, NASA; Environmental Attorney
- Dr. Stephen Fong, Director & Professor of Integrative Life Sciences Education & Integrated Life Sciences Doctoral Program, Virginia Commonwealth University
- Youth Leaders Panel, Earth Guardians
You can learn more about the upcoming event here: https://thegreenprogram.members-only.online/hackathon. It’s free for university students (18+) to join and $25 for young professionals/professionals to participate.
PHENND is pleased to support this event as an Agile Impact Sponsor.
More in "PHENND Events/Activities"
- Innovative Practices for Systems Transformations
- PHENND Seeks VISTAs for Nonprofit Fellows program
- Recording and Statements from PHENND Sustainability Launch Event
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.