JEVS Human Services
Enrollment and Admissions Counselor, JEVS Human Services
The Enrollment and Admissions Counselor will work with the College 4 America team, a Southern New Hampshire University (SNHU) Program Manager, and other community-based referral partners to craft a recruitment strategy, build and manage relationships, and drive recruitment efforts to successfully enroll students in the College for America (CfA) degree programs through the JEVS-SNHU Community Partnership.
1. Assist with developing and executing a unique and comprehensive community engagement, recruitment, and enrollment strategy ensuring 50-100 inquiries monthly and growing to 125-150 monthly inquiries in the next year.
2. Engage with each student to understand their motivation for enrolling in CfA and seeking a degree and/ or a credential. Conduct intake of each prospective student to accurately facilitate placement and program fit.
3. Provide core information to ensure successful financial aid, admissions and enrollment processes
4. Integrate the learnings from the Community Partner network, ongoing assessment, research, evaluation, and best practices to continuously improve admissions and recruitment processes
5. Provide excellent customer service and follow-up to every prospective student via phone and in person. Ensure appropriate and timely information is provided to students to assist them in moving from inquiry to applicant to enrollment.
6. Cultivate relationships with current partners while also identifying and establishing new partnerships to ensure a robust recruitment pipeline. Building and maintaining relationships with local high schools, community-based organizations and other area referral networks
7. Build awareness of the JEVS-SNHU program in the community
8. Attend recruitment events to connect with potential students. Work directly with students on outreach and enrollment including but not limited to:
a. Presenting to students and potential partners
b. Running group and 1:1 information sessions
c. Follow-up with interested students at every stage of the funnel
9. Collect, research and analyze data to generate reports that aid in data-driven decisions to move future students through the enrollment process. Manage and track data around daily, weekly and monthly inquiries and info session attendees and create and implement new strategies as needed to ensure we hit recruitment goals. Utilize SNHU’s data portal to track, document, and measure progress.
10. Partner with Manager of Strategy to continue to:
a. Evolve social media strategy and current student engagement strategy aimed at increasing word of mouth referrals.
b. Design and test a digital marketing strategy aimed at increasing the number of inquiries.
11. Other position related duties as required
A bachelor’s degree from an accredited university
A passion for expanding access to higher education and meaningful jobs in the local region
2+ years of experience in the college recruitment, admissions and/or enrollment field
Effective communication/public speaking skills, and the ability to connect quickly and authentically with people from a variety of different professional and cultural backgrounds and ages including first generation, low-income students
Demonstrated ability to engage the local community, build partnerships, and meet aggressive enrollment goals.
Demonstrated competency in organizing data and preparing reports required.
Knowledge and comfort with marketing and social media is essential. Ability to communicate with prospective students via social media modalities such as Facebook, chat sessions, and Twitter required. Exemplary skills in Microsoft Office and other tools including Word, PowerPoint, Outlook and Excel.
Excellent attention to detail, ability to work both independently and as part of a team in a fast-paced and nimble environment.
Willingness and ability to work some weekend and evening hours.
Self-motivated with the ability to work/travel independently and set priorities to achieve goals/objectives required.
Exceptional organizational planning skills and ability to collaborate with others required.
Valid driver’s license and access to personal vehicle Knowledge of local landscape of social service, youth services, resource centers, and educational organizations
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.