Engagement Specialist, Playworks
Posted by Playworks on December 18, 2017
Do you believe in the power of play to bring out the best in every kid? Would you like to work where you are encouraged to promote fun, creativity and play? If you are motivated and you possess leadership experience- both on and off the playground – we want you to join our team and put your passion for play to work for us.
Playworks is the leading national nonprofit leveraging the power of play to transform children’s physical and emotional health. Playworks currently serves more than 1,300 schools in 23 U.S. cities, and reaches 700,000 students directly and through professional training services.
At Playworks we believe in the power of play to bring out the best in every kid. We are changing school climate by leveraging the power of safe, fun, and healthy play at school every day. We create a place for every kid on the playground to feel included, be active, and build valuable social and emotional skills. We partner with schools, districts, and after-school programs to provide a service or mix of services including on-site coaches, professional training for school staff who support recess, and consultative partnerships.
Here’s where you come in:
In the role of Engagement Specialist, you will assist with the oversight and coordination of Playworks’ administrative and capacity building functions. This position is a key resource in advancing Playworks’ goals and will work with Playworks staff and AmeriCorps Members as well as with external partners, donors, and volunteers to create and grow a sustainable and well-organized community-based organization.
Responsibilities, including but not limited to:
- General office management (answering phones, mail distribution, supplies inventory, office upkeep).
- Support the region’s operational needs and liaise with headquarters operations team.
- Serve as the technology liaison between the local office and national team.
- Reconcile and submit receipts, deposit checks, prepare expense reports on behalf of Executive Director and other Senior Directors on timely basis.
- Facilitate the hiring process for all staff and members ensuring all necessary paperwork is completed; including the initiation of background checks for all new hires in accordance with state and federal regulations.
- Maintain employee files and database to ensure proper certifications and documentation for all regional staff and members are current and on file.
- Support and manage various aspects of recruiting process (contacting local recruitment sources such as colleges and universities, posting open positions on various online/print sources, coordinate interviews, and manage recruiting database).
- Collaborate with National People Team on HR/personnel related activities and communication such as benefits, background checks, onboarding, offboarding, etc.
- Distribute, collect, and maintain personnel documentation to ensure AmeriCorps (AC) member eligibility.
- Support/facilitate AC events and trainings, including but not limited to pre-service training, motivation workshops, AC graduation, AC work activities, and timesheet training.
- Update personnel/program information on government databases including eGrants.
Data & Evaluation Compliance
- Regional Lead for Data Collection including School Engagement Surveys, Step Back Tools, and Output Tools.
- Support all Junior Coach Data Collection Procedures including Enrollment, Assessments, and Training hours tracking throughout the year.
Volunteer and Alumni Engagements
- Manage volunteer recruitment, orientation and onboarding, database, training and recognition activities.
- Update and maintain alumni database; plan alumni engagement events throughout the year with alumni support.
- Support Executive Director with board meeting coordination, materials and communication.
- Plan, organize and coordinate staff meetings, fundraising activities and community events including logistical support and follow-up activities such as minutes, Salesforce entries, emails and calls.
- Update and maintain regional communications and marketing materials, including flyers, newsletters, website and social media outlets.
- Process donations and prepare acknowledgment letters and other correspondence; prepare invoices and check requests as needed.
- Support development team in maintaining corporate partnerships; help advertise, schedule, and coordinate Corporate Recesses, Play Days, and service projects.
- Support development team in special event logistics including organizing, and leading the planning and execution of fundraising events.
- Attend, assist and represent Playworks at various key fundraising events/functions, speaking engagements, tours, and other programs.
- Assist in research, preparation and submission of foundation grants and corporate requests.
- Director of Ending Hunger For Good, Philabundance
- Partnership Manager, OIC of America – Nov 6
- City Homeless Office Offers Youth Internship
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.