Employment/Entrepreneur Specialist, Project HOME
Posted by Project HOME on May 5, 2014
The Employment/Entrepreneur Specialist will develop, lead and coordinate programs geared toward raising employment and entrepreneurial skills of neighborhood youth. To that end, the Employment/ Entrepreneur Specialist will: recruit participants from within the program, plan and teach classes and workshops; provide coaching and other supports; facilitate the development and strengthening of partnerships, create and continue entrepreneurial opportunities for students; volunteer support and other resources; act as a liaison between program participants and employers; manage the program within budget; and report on results.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Employment and Entrepreneurship Instruction
- Research, develop and refine curriculum, instruction and activities geared towards raising employment and entrepreneurial skills of neighborhood youth and college students
- Teach weekly classes on entrepreneurship and business development
- Mentor and supervise students through the entrepreneurial process of developing their own businesses
- Oversee seasonal farmers market stand in downtown Philadelphia, including purchasing and ordering merchandise and inventory, supervising and coaching teen employees, managing finances and budget and working with Project HOME’s Sustainability Department to develop and harvest produce from the community garden
- Facilitate the development and strengthening of partnerships, work opportunities, entrepreneurial ventures; volunteer support and other resources to support positive outcomes for neighborhood youth and college students
Summer Internship Program
- Oversee summer internship program, including placement of students, payroll, and ongoing professional development and support
- Plan, document and provide internship and employment preparation workshops
- Work in conjunction with Teen Program Manager and other key stakeholders to develop evaluation framework to assess participant and program success, maintain and develop supervisors and interns satisfaction and to support ongoing program improvement
- Facilitate opportunities for student learning and networking through entrepreneur and employment real-life experiences, including but not limited to activities such as Career Day and professional shadowing days.
Program Management: Administrative and Financial
- Prepare entrepreneur and employment financial reports, reconcile with Accounting and manage within budget
- Develop and maintain a database of partner employers, internships, jobs, and student participants
- Collect, review and analyze assessment data for internal and external reporting
- Act as a liaison between program participants, funders, employers and other stakeholders
- Contribute to grant/contract application and compliance process
- The work of Project HOME is rooted in our strong spiritual conviction of the dignity of each person. As such, we strive to function as a community of individuals who demonstrate respect, courtesy, dignity, support and care for all people.
- Executive Director, Community Options
- Senior Program Director, Phila. Academies
- Job Opportunities + Landscaping Career Development Program – Feb 5
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.