Education Programs Assistant, Sayre Health Center
Posted by Sayre Health Center on May 23, 2016
Education Programs Assistant
Reports to: Associate Director of Education FLSA: Non-Exempt
Directly Supervises: Volunteer Mentors
Position Summary: The Education Program Assistant, working alongside the Apprenticeship Training Coordinator, will be responsible for the implement of the Sayre Health Initiatives, Education, and Leadership Development (SHIELD) program, and execution of additional duties and responsibilities as assigned by the Associate Director of Education.
• Associates degree required; Bachelor’s degree preferred
• Direct experience providing education and/or academic support programs for youth.
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills required
• Ability to work with youth and families from a variety of backgrounds
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite: Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint
• Previous experience in healthcare or healthcare training is desired
• Previous recruitment experience is desired
• Must be committed and able to demonstrate enthusiasm and creativity in working with youth
The ideal candidate should be:
• A self-starter
• A team player
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
• Enhance and co-teach curriculum for the SHIELD program. This will include developing lesson plans and practice exams for pre and posttest purposes.
• Recruit new students for the SHIELD program.
• Work closely with SHIELD Mentor Coordinators to recruit and train mentors for the school year
• Using study materials and prepare SHIELD apprentices for the Certified Clinical Medical Assistant (CCMA) exam. These duties include managing students’ daily study schedule, developing practice exams, and clinical skills instruction.
• Increase student exposure to health, health careers, and build programmatic support for the attainment of knowledge and skills related to health and health professions.
• Increase student exposure to higher learning opportunities and build programmatic support for their educational goals, including but not limited to SAT prep, college search support, college application support, and scholarship application processes.
• Work closely with school counselors and teachers
• Maintain Sayre Health Center Student Learner database.
• Assist in general community health center operations.
• Other duties as assigned by the Associate Director of Education
Please send resume to: email@example.com
- Assistant Professor of Ethnic Studies and Director of Academic Innovation, Albion College, The Phila. Center
- Director of Training / Associate Director, Drexel University Counseling Center
- Data Analyst, OIC
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.