Education Law Conference
Posted by on April 13, 2009
THINKING OUTSIDE THE BOX-Panel of education leaders with interests in law and education including New York’s Urban Assembly Schools, the University of California at Irvine (home of the Saturday Academy of
Law), and the principal of New Mexico’s new themed school Atrisco Heritage-phenomenal ideas ready to be replicated
MY SPACE, YOUR SPACE , WHOSE SPACE?-The Law and reality of cyber-issues – attorney expert Pete Lowe, Peggy McAllister, NH Association of School Principals, and other stars – the role-play is back!
MADE IN AMERICA: THE GLOBAL YOUTH JUSTICE MOVEMENT-with 1,200+ local youth and teen court programs throughout the country, hearing over 100,000 cases, youth court programs offer a positive and proven alternative to traditional juvenile justice and school disciplinary procedures; the speaker, Scott Bernard Peterson, Esq., National Director of Criminal and Juvenile Justice, YouthBuild USA &
International, is THE national expert.
OVER 60 small workshops for educators and policy makers at all levels-Religion and Intelligent Design, Cyberbullying, Innovative Assessment and Programming, Human Rights, OCR, Charter Schools, Search and Seizure, Food Allergies, Juvenile Justice, Civil Rights and Diversity, School Safety, Suicide . . .
DAY LONG STRANDS
– Wingspread (M)-Joint session w/bench & bar leaders-Diversity, Philanthropy, LRE. . .
– JOINT SESSION with ABA ACD (M)-Underrepresented Minorities Outreach…
– Autism (M)-Nationally known Autism Autism Spectrum Differences Institute of New England, full day training
– Law-themed Education (M&T)- Showcase, programs ready to replicate!
– Special Ed (M, T, W)
– Assessment(T)- e-portfolios and other innovative value-added approaches…
– Higher Ed (W)-college-going, limiting liability for suicide and brutality, diversity. . .
– Opening Reception Wingspread and Early Arrivers (Sunday)
– Maine Lobster Bake (M)
– All Conference Blackboard Bench & Bar Reception (T)
July 19-23, 2009; various times, 8:30-4:15 + evening events
University of Southern Maine & University of Maine Law School, Portland, ME
USM Conferences 207-780-5960; or online, http://www.edlaw.org; or mail PO Box 9300, Portland, ME 04104; FMI: Professor Redfield, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Civic Learning and Democratic Engagement Meeting 2021 – Jun 2-11
- Call for Papers: Environmental Justice, ENGAGE! – Apr 5
- Submit a Proposal for the HIV Prevention and Education Virtual Conference – Mar 24
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.