Community College of Philadelphia
Early Scholars Program – college credit for high school
Dual Enrollment Scholarship for Eligible Philadelphia 11th and 12th grade students.
Now enrolling for the Fall 2017 Semester
Early Scholars, a Scholarship for Advance at College dual enrollment students at Community College of Philadelphia offers eligible students the opportunity to earn a maximum of 18 credits during the 2017-2018 school year (6 credits per semester-Fall, Spring, Summer). The cost of these courses and required textbooks will be covered for all students enrolled in Early Scholars. Courses will be available at the College’s Main Campus, online and at its three Regional Centers located in the Northeast, Northwest and West sections of Philadelphia. Eligible courses will include both college-level coursework and identified levels of developmental coursework and will reduce the amount of time and costs needed to complete post-secondary education once students graduate from high school.
Eligible students MUST meet the following criteria for enrollment:
- Live in Philadelphia and attend a Philadelphia high school (public, public charter, private or archdiocesan)
- Be an 11th grade or 12th grade student
- Complete the Early Scholars Program application (including a section signed by student’s parent/guardian and district official, school principal or his/her designee)
- Take the College’s placement assessment and minimally perform at English level 4 (English 098) and/or Math 017(FNMT 017)
- Have a minimum high school GPA of 5 on a 4.0 scale (verified by designated school official)
- Have no record of serious absenteeism or other attendance issues while in high school (verified by designated school official)
- Have no record of serious disciplinary infractions while in high school (verified by designated school official)
- Cannot be enrolled in any other of the College’s dual enrollment programs (i.e. Advance at College, Summer ACE, Gateway to College, special early and middle college partnerships, etc.)
- Complete and submit an Early Scholars Application to the program coordinator. Applications can be found at: http://www.ccp.edu/academic-offerings/high-school-student-programs/early-scholars-program
- Once the application is processed, students will be contacted to take the placement test (Accuplacer). Test information and links to practice questions can be found here: http://www.ccp.edu/getting-started/what-are-placement-tests
- Scores are generated 24 hour after test completion.
- Based on eligibility, registration will take place via the program coordinator.
Early Scholars Coordinator
More New Resources
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.