Early Intervention Supervisor, Philadelphia FIGHT
Posted by on March 16, 2009
TITLE: Early Intervention Supervisor
This is an exempt position.
The Early Intervention Supervisor is a supervisory position for all Early Intervention and Counseling, Testing, and Referral (CTR) services which has the following responsibilities:
Tasks and Responsibilities
1. Set weekly onsite and monthly offsite schedules for all Early Intervention and CTR staff
2. Develop new and potential sites as well as maintain relationships with existing sites.
3. Review all testing records for quality control.
4. Insure the accuracy of materials returned from AACO and the submission of all appropriate testing records to AACO.
5. Run controls on Trinity and Orasure tests weekly.
6. Perform quality control to ensure testers are performing testing and counseling procedures accurately.
7. Update and maintain all documentation in Philadelphia FIGHT’s Testing Manual.
8. Update and maintain all paper and electronic files and records.
9. Work with the Director of Education to answer requests for information from FIGHT administration to account to funding and fiscal sources.
10. Work with the Lax Center Administrative Director to coordinate confirmatory testing and priority referrals to the Lax Center and Client Services.
11. Provide direct counseling and testing services to patients of the Lax Center and their significant others as well as other walk-ins at Philadelphia FIGHT’s primary location.
12. Provide coverage for any of the Counselor/Testers unable to fulfill their obligation due to last minute illness or other approved conflict.
13. Responsible for providing staff for community HIV/AIDS presentations or for doing this personally.
14. Prepare all monthly and quarterly reports for funders.
15. Coordinate testing activities at health fairs and other one-time events
16. Coordinate testing day activities for AIDS Education Month in June.
1. This position requires that the person complete the Counseling and Testing course provided by AACO and have a designated Counselor ID number.
2. Have knowledge of and experience in working in HIV/AIDS as either prevention counselor or counselor/tester.
3. Supervisory experience a plus
4. Able to react to change productively and handle other essential tasks as assigned.
5. Able to work with diverse populations (clients and staff)
6. Sensitive to cultural, economic, gender, and sexual orientation differences.
7. Knowledgeable of local resources and services.
8. Demonstrate flexibility in working conditions and work hours, including evenings and weekends.
9. Proficient in Microsoft Office and essential office computer applications.
10. Excellent writing and critical thinking skills is required.
11. Master’s Degree in Social Work, Public Health or a similar field or equivalent experience required.
This position requires that the person complete the Prevention Counseling Training course provided by AACO.
The Supervisor is responsible to keep all records of sites visited, tests administered, positive and negative results.
Hours of Work
The Supervisor will work 40 hours per week.
The Supervisor reports to the Director of Education
The Supervisor will supervise all full time and part time staff and interns assigned to the department
To apply please email your resume to:
Human Resources Director
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.