Early Childhood Policy Intern, PCCY
Posted by Public Citizens for Children and Youth on November 10, 2014
Early Childhood Policy Intern (Unpaid)
PUBLIC CITZENS FOR CHILDREN AND YOUTH (PCCY)
We are currently seeking interns in Early Childhood Policy and Advocacy.
We advocate for smart public investments in children birth to 12th grade that will prepare them for success in school and life, and benefit their families, schools and communities. We coordinate a regional advocacy coalition; issue policy briefs; conduct legislative visits; provide public testimony; and organize a variety of stakeholders and leaders including parents, elected officials, and education professionals to become effective advocates.
The Early Childhood Policy intern will:
• assist with all areas of PCCY’s communications efforts, including contributing to our social media platforms and developing articles for our listserv;
• assist with data analysis: retrieve, analyze and streamline publicly available data;
• create publicly accessible visuals including tables, maps, charts and graphs;
• help create flyers, blogs, articles, talking points, reports and briefs;
• provide support for PCCY’s organizing work in Pre-K for PA campaign; and
• attend public events, speak with individuals and small groups on behalf of PCCY.
The position is a great opportunity to learn about early childhood education, social justice, advocacy, and policy. Interns will gain experience working within a non-profit in addition to engaging in regional and state politics. We seek to develop our interns professionally and offer many opportunities to network and interact with a host of professionals.
• Ability to work 12-20 hours per week (with some flexibility to work remotely)
• Proficient in Microsoft Office
• Familiarity with social media
• Strong written, verbal, and social communication skills
• Quick learner, able to adapt to new environments
• A self starter, able to work independently
• Ability to work and prioritize multiple tasks
If you are interested in this position, please send your resume and a short writing sample to Shawn Towey at email@example.com. This position may be eligible for work-study.
More in "Partnerships Classifieds"
- Summer 2021 Legal Internship, Public Interest Law Center
- Election Day volunteers, SEAMAAC
- Call for Partnerships + Community Volunteers: Callowhill Community Fridge
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.