Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia
Diversity & Inclusion Officer, Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia
Assistant OMWI Director and Diversity & Inclusion Officer, Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia
The Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia is one of the 12 regional Reserve Banks that, together with the Board of Governors in Washington, D.C., make up the Federal Reserve System. It helps formulate and implement monetary policy, supervises banks and bank and savings and loan holding companies, and provides financial services to depository institutions and the federal government. The Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia serves eastern and central Pennsylvania, southern New Jersey, and Delaware.
Leads the Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia’s diversity and inclusion strategy and serves as a key management member in the Human Resources Department.
Works directly with the Senior Vice President and Director of Diversity and Inclusion to create, develop, and implement the Bank’s strategy for Diversity and Inclusion and fulfill all local requirements of the Office of Minority and Women Inclusion (OMWI) as defined in Section 342 of the Dodd-Frank Act. Works with the Director to set performance outcomes and standards, collect and analyze data, develop metrics, and provide monitoring and reporting systems to produce an annual report to Congress containing required elements outlined in Section 342 of the Dodd-Frank Act and to evaluate the Bank’s overall progress in its efforts.
Advises and consults with Bank management and others on matters that relate to diversity and inclusion. Plays a visible role in outreach, education and community partnerships, including designing and facilitating an annual Industry Forum for area practitioners focused on the intersection between D&I and talent management practice. Has oversight responsibility for the Bank’s EEO reporting, Diversity Council activities and events, and the development and growth of employee resource groups.
Works with Talent Management and Organizational Development to analyze and determine Bank-wide training needs and to develop, implement, and evaluate training programs. Partners with the Talent Acquisition area by recruiting at colleges and universities, and sponsoring and recruiting at job fairs in urban communities. Participates in succession planning and retention initiatives as required.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Leads development, execution and implementation of diversity and inclusion initiatives and programs aligned with the Bank’s diversity strategy. Establishes and tracks metrics to evaluate effectiveness of efforts and ensures compliance with EEO and OMWI legislation. Stays abreast of diversity and inclusion topics and best practices.
- Works with Talent Management and Organizational Development to conduct, arrange, and oversee development of education programs and course content related to D& I and leadership development.
- In collaboration with Talent Acquisition, develops and implements programs that attract, retain, and promote a diverse workforce. Acts as diversity liaison on various internal and external organizations, work groups, committees and sub-committees.
- Collaborates with management to incorporate diversity strategies into business plans, employment, career development initiatives, succession planning, mentoring, and internship programs.
- Develops and approves diversity-related communications. May author articles on diversity and inclusion and career development and represent the Bank as a s peaker or participant at D&I networking and industry events.
- Working with Legal Counsel investigates EEO-related complaints by employees and management. Oversees all EEO reporting, analysis and required EEO data entered into PeopleSoft.
- Oversees the preparation of Congressional and EEO reporting, presents results, and makes recommendations to senior management. Schedules and oversees periodic environmental assessments.
- Assesses vendor/contractor diversity practices and makes recommendations with respect to contractor diversity performance
- Maintains current knowledge of laws, guidelines, and practices.
- Implements metrics and tracking related to diversity and inclusion and EEO.
- Fulfills job duties and responsibilities in conformance with sound safety practices.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.