Discussion on Katrina Aftermath
Project H.O.M.E. invites you to…
After Katrina – From Disaster to Hope
Monday, November 21, 7:00 p.m.
Friends Center, 1501 Cherry Street, Center City
. What has the Katrina disaster taught us about poverty and race in America – and have we learned the lesson?
. How can the same sense of urgency and compassion be extended to persons in our own community who struggle with homelessness and poverty on a daily basis?
. How does Philadelphia’s new Ten-Year Plan to End Homelessness provide a critical opportunity for our community?
Speakers will include:
– W. Cody Anderson, WURD 900 AM radio, moderator
– Acel Moore, columnist,/ Philadelphia Inquirer/
– Congressman Bob Brady (invited)
– Pedro Ramos, Managing Director, City of Philadelphia (invited)
– Dr. Jacqueline J. Swift, Ph.D., Executive Director, Wounded
Healer, Inc. (formerly homeless)
– Sister Mary Scullion, Executive Director, Project H.O.M.E.
– Rachel Falkove, Executive Director, Northwest Interfaith
– Joyce Miller, Associate General Secretary for Human Rights,
American Friends Service Committee
For more information about this event, contact Will O’Brien, Special Projects Coordinator, at 215-232-7272, ext. 3047 or email@example.com.
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.