United Way of Greater Philadelphia and Southern New Jersey
Director, Stewardship & Development Communications
The Director of Stewardship and Development Communications directs the stewardship and development communications efforts for the Resource Development Department, creating processes and providing tools that enable relationship management and fundraising success.
Essential functions and core responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Direct the process, procedures, and tools that enable and encourage best practices and consistency in acknowledgement, recognition, and reporting for the Annual Campaign, 100th Anniversary Campaign, and endowment fundraising.
• Enhance current and/or develop new tools as needed to support annual and strategic fundraising initiatives, including 100th Anniversary Campaign.
• Produce the organizational stewardship report, create customized stewardship plans and reports for major donors that can be replicated by staff for other donors and draft specialized stewardship plans for select donors.
• Lead the organization’s development and implementation of a comprehensive donor/volunteer recognition program.
• Work cross-functionally to ensure the quality of donor interactions, including all potential touchpoints.
Development Communications (25%)
• Oversee the creation and production of all department-wide donor communications, including annual and endowment campaign materials, solicitation and acknowledgement letters and mass communications, including e-communications.
• Work cross-functionally to execute effective targeted communications plans aligned with prioritized donor segments and organizational strategies. Serve as a primary writer for donor messaging.
• Direct the grant-writing efforts for foundations, major donors and selected corporate donors including written proposals and stewardship reports.
Information and Relationship Management (15%)
• Direct the prospect management system and tools for specific, prioritized prospect segments, working closely with Major Gifts, Development Services, and IT, to enable strategic cultivation of relationships.
• Provide consultation and communications support for volunteer recruitment, relationship management, and stewardship.
• Specific role in planning for and executing volunteer leadership recruitment and stewardship for the 100th Anniversary Campaign is to be determined.
Leadership, Management, and Product Knowledge (15%)
• Provide supervision and guidance to Stewardship Manager and Grant Writer.
• Serve as a member of the Resource Development Leadership Team, actively contributing energy, ideas, and expertise to departmental and organizational activities.
• Champion donor-centered communications and stewardship best practices. Share expertise and strengths with colleagues.
• Develop thorough knowledge of United Way’s mission and Impact initiative/programs.
Expected job qualifications
• Bachelors Degree in a relevant discipline or related experience is required.
• 6-8 Years of experience in development communications and stewardship, with at least three years of supervisory experience.
• Valid drivers license & insurance and/or reliable transportation required for out-of-office travel as necessary. (minimal)
HOW TO APPLY
Interested candidates should send resume and cover letter including salary expectations by August 1, 2017 to email@example.com and note: Director, Stewardship and Communications in the subject line.
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.