University of Pennsylvania Health System
Director Patient Experience, Penn Medicine
Penn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means collaboration with top clinical, technical and business professionals across all disciplines.
Today at Penn Medicine, someone will make a breakthrough. Someone will heal a heart, deliver hopeful news, and give comfort and reassurance. Our employees shape our future each day. Are you living your life’s work?
Penn Presbyterian Medical Center is looking for a Director of Patient Experience!
Responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to the following:
- Participating as a key member of the Penn Presbyterian Medical Center and Penn Medicine Experience Team under the direction of the Associate Executive Director and Chief Patient Experience Officer (CXO)
- Collaborating with Chief Patient Experience Officer and hospital leaders in developing and implementing interventions to mitigate/remove barriers and achieve patient experience goals
- Evaluating progress, synthesizing patient feedback, and identifying opportunities for operational improvements
- Assuming accountability for PPMC Patient & Guest Relations and the response to and resolution of patient/family complaints and concerns
- Directing, developing, implementing, and evaluating entity-based patient experience programs, strategies, initiatives, policies and procedures
- Serving as a resource, consultant and adviser to entity leadership in the identification, assessment and implementation of strategic and operational patient experience initiatives and opportunities designed to improve the patient experience
- Providing regular analytical and trending reports for tracking facility performance on patient experience metrics and supporting performance improvement recommendations
- Overseeing Interactive Digital Services including serving as the main point of contact for Interactive Television Services, Language and Interpreter platforms, and evolving digital patient engagement platforms
- Managing patient advocates, volunteer services, patient ambassadors, and pastoral care teams
- Overseeing and managing the implementation, monitoring, and reporting of corrective actions related to complaints and grievances Coordinating written responses to grievances in accordance with all Penn Medicine policies, Joint Commission standards and CMS requirements for patient grievance administration
- Assuring the Service Recovery program is effective throughout the organization
The Director will also have management oversight, human resources and budgeting responsibility for Volunteer Services, Pastoral Care, Red Coat Ambassadors, as well as Language & Interactive Digital Services and future Patient and Family Adviser Councils and Patient Experience initiatives.
Please apply if you possess these qualifications:
- Master’s Degree in Health services administration, public health, or health related field required
- 5+ years Progressive leadership/management experience with managing teams, projects and implementing patient experience improvement initiatives required
- 5+ years experience in service or healthcare related industry required
- Ability to communicate with internal and external constituents required
Demonstrated Project Management Skills Required
- Ability to drive multiple projects with overlapping time-frames required
- Strong quantitative and analytical abilities required
Demonstrated Interpersonal/verbal Communication Skills Required
- Ability to work in a highly matrixed structure required
Demonstrated Consultative, Team Building, And Group Facilitative Skills Required
- A demonstrated track record of success in creating an environment that facilitates an outstanding patient experience required
- Knowledge of /familiarity with national standards for quality, safety, and healthcare required
- Demonstrates understanding of the structure of the federal government, including legislative and regulatory processes required
Demonstrated coaching, counseling, and consultation skills required
We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program that includes one of the finest prepaid tuition assistance programs in the region. Penn Medicine employees are actively engaged and committed to our mission. Together we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
Live Your Life’s Work
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.