Director Office Diversity & Inclusion, Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia
Posted by Children's Hospital of Philadelphia on June 12, 2017
The Director is responsible for coordinating efforts to establish Diversity & Inclusion as a core Hospital strategy. This includes all aspects of functions, practices and programming in support of Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia’s (CHOP) commitment to culturally sensitive care and inclusion. Working with units at all levels of the organization, the Director promotes a holistic and integrated vision for diversity and inclusion that positively impact clinical and operational excellence, scale, innovation and mission sustainability. The Director designs, implements and assesses the diversity/inclusion (D&I) initiatives to ensure alignment with the enterprise’s long-term business plan and partners. The individual selected for this role will build and maintain strong collaborative partnerships with senior executives, key business partners, staff and external constituents to further foster a culture of inclusion at Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia.
- Ensure D&I operates as an enterprise-wide entity that aligns its work with the Hospital strategy and enterprise plan that signifies CHOP as an environment that is welcoming and supportive for staff, patients and visitors, regardless of personal experiences, values, and worldviews that arise from differences of culture and circumstance including race, ethnicity, gender, age, religion, language, abilities/disabilities, sexual orientation, gender identity, socioeconomic status, and geographic region.
- Establish tasks and benchmarks for executives, leaders and internal/external stakeholders that result in a more diverse and inclusive environment, and advise on CHOP’s diversity and inclusion strategy as it relates to pediatric healthcare disparities, supplier diversity and economic opportunity initiatives.
- Support the communication of CHOP’s commitment to D&I by determining a strategy for effectively communicating key diversity messages both internally and externally to promote a culture of inclusion and market CHOP diversity initiatives. Promote and foster strategic alliances and partnerships, develop and maintain a vast network of colleagues/experts in the field.
- Foster an inclusive CHOP environment by implementing and supporting diversity initiatives and structures such as employee resource groups, diversity education, supplier diversity, community relations, advisory Councils and working groups; serve as system-wide resource providing guidance, tools and opportunities to empower staff to affect diversity and inclusion change.
- Provide leadership to office staff and champions to further CHOP’s D&I goals, evaluate and monitor progress, develop metrics or success measures on effectiveness of strategy, initiatives and programs, and manage Office portfolio and business operations.
Required Education: Bachelors
- Minimum of 7 years of progressive diversity management experience in an integrated, multi-site, matrixed organization.
- Experience developing and managing teams.
- Proven abilities to collaborate on initiatives focused on healthcare disparities, social determinants of health and child health.
- Experience implementing a strategic vision/plan and contributing to organizational and operational solutions at the executive level.
- Demonstrated leadership and experience in advancing diversity, inclusion and multiculturalism within a complex organization.
- Center for Black Educator Development – Emerging Leader Fellowship Opportunity – Dec 31
- Digital Technology Manager, OIC of America – Dec 18
- Director of Intensive Behavioral Health Services, Public Health Management Corporation
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.