Brandywine Red Clay Alliance
Director of Watershed Conservation, Brandywine Red Clay Alliance
POSITION SUMMARY – Provide leadership for watershed programs and visibility for BRC in the Brandywine and Red Clay Watershed communities.
POSITON REPORTS TO – Executive Director, CEO
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Manage and direct the Red Streams Blue Program
2. Develop funding for the Red Streams Blue Program and other watershed programs
3. Represent BRC on the Brandywine-Christina Cluster and manage BRC activities related to this initiative.
4. Communicate to the greater community BRC’s mission and watershed programs
5. Develop and manage BRC’s other watershed conservation efforts.
6. Serve on the Environmental Committee and provide support to other committees and sub-committees as appropriate.
7. Manage and direct implementation of the Strategic Plan for Environmental Programs
8. Actively participate in and collaborate on projects with the local watershed community which benefit the water quality of the Brandywine and Red Clay Valleys.
9. Plan and direct Local Issues Series meetings, the Christina Basin Task Force meetings, Christina Watersheds Municipal Partnership meetings, and other programs that communicate watershed conservation programs to the public.
10. Organize and direct the annual Brandywine Clean Up
11. Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelors’ degree in watershed management, water resources management, environmental science or related field, or equivalent experience.
- 3 to 5 years experience in watershed management with a watershed organization, public agency or
private sector company.
- Excellent public speaking, writing, and influencing skills.
- Excellent management and organizational skills
- Experience working with governmental agencies.
- Ability to develop and oversee a budget.
- Ability to model these skills, knowledge and abilities in concert with BRC’s Core Competencies: teamwork and cooperation; personal motivation; flexibility; and conservation minded.
INTERESTED APPLICANTS SHOULD SEND A COVER LETTER AND RESUME TO: firstname.lastname@example.org
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.