Director of Voter Services, Chester County
Posted by Chester County on February 9, 2021
The County of Chester is looking for a strategic and forward thinking leader for the Director of Voter Services. This highly visible role will oversee and direct the department to ensure the integrity of the election process as it is implemented for all primary, general, and special elections. Candidates should be well versed in Federal, State, and local rules/regulations impacting the County Election Board and possess a working knowledge of the technology used in elections. The Director should have exceptional public speaking, written communication, and organizational leadership skills to support department operations and management.
Position requires a Bachelor’s degree in Public Administration, or related field, with 5 years of relevant experience or an equivalent of advanced training and experience.
We offer a competitive salary and excellent benefits package.
- Direct, manage and administer the operations and activities of the department in conformance with the election laws and regulations.
- Reviews and drafts recommendations for updates and changes to the policies and procedures connected to the operations and activities of the department.
- Direct and organize the holding of elections, maintaining integrity in the election process and ensuring that all mandated deadlines are met.
- Direct and organize the preparation and printing of specimen, absentee and official ballots.
- Prepare instruction manuals and conduct classes.
- Oversee the maintenance and updating of computer system operations.
- Attend meetings and provide information verbally and written to voters, candidates, public officials and the press.
- Supervises department and personnel matters including hiring, motivating employees, employee evaluation(s), and employee issues/concerns including disciplinary actions.
- Supervises temporary election workers and provides training regarding election procedures and the operation of (electronic) election equipment.
- Compile and verify voter lists from official registration records, official statements of votes, statistical listings and other data.
- Maintain county precinct boundaries and maps.
- Prepare and justify departmental budget requests and ensure expenditures are within budgetary constraints.
- Organize the preparation and publication of official election information.
- Attends and participates in meetings, conferences, and seminars; stays abreast of developments and legislative changes affecting elections and voter registration. Reviews current and proposed legislative issues.
- Represents the department at community and board meetings involving election matters.
- Consult with County Solicitor, Department of State, and County Directors of Elections, testifying in court cases, as needed.
- Acts as a resource for employee questions regarding client or citizen issues, concerns, policies, etc.
- Staff Attorney, Public Interest Law Center – Apr 5
- Summer Openings for Staff and Apprentices at the Center for Black Educator Development
- Manager, Network Organizing, Engagement, & Knowledge – Mar 26
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.