Director of Training / Associate Director, Drexel University Counseling Center
Posted by Drexel University on November 24, 2020
The Director of Training for the Counseling Center/Associate Director of Counseling is responsible for providing oversight and management of all aspects of the Counseling Center’s APA accredited training programs, including, but not limited to: maintaining our relationship with APPIC (Association of Psychology Postdoctoral and Internship Centers) for selection of Interns; oversight of Trainees’ supervision; and organizing on-going training opportunities for professional clinical staff as well as Trainees. Additionally, this position has primary responsibility for adhering to all accreditation requirements and professional standards mandated as per our American Psychological Association (APA) accreditation. In addition, the Director of Training/ Assoc. Director of Counseling functions as primary support to and collaborates with the Executive Director of Counseling Services in creating, assessing, and establishing best practices in the Counseling Center’s operation and service delivery. This individual is expected to demonstrate excellent clinical skills and a solid commitment to ensuring a high quality of training for all staff, pre-doctoral Interns, and Externs in as they complete their clinical training. The Director of Training / Assoc. Director reports directly to the Executive Director of Counseling and participates in programs and activities sponsored by Student Affairs.
- Provide oversight and management of a training program for practicum students and pre-doctoral interns as mandated to comply with APA (American Psychological Association) and APPIC (Association of Psychology Postdoctoral and Internship) standards.
- Recruit and interview Internship candidates, process appropriate paperwork and ensure quality clinical training.
- Work with the Executive Director of Counseling to assess, create, and establish best practices for delivery of service which meet the presenting needs of the campus community and counseling center staff.
- Conduct individual and group supervision for Psychology I and II staff, pre-doctoral Interns and Externs students.
- Conduct individual and group supervision for Interns and Externs.
- Supervise additional licensed professional staff.
- Collaborate with Business Manager in organizing and compiling intern and practicum staff utilization statistics.
- Provide personal counseling, crisis intervention, assessment, and referral services.
- Provide consultation to administration, staff or faculty on student issues.
- Facilitate presentations, workshops, trainings and groups.
- Participate in general Student Affairs sponsored programming, events, meetings, etc.
- Provide consultation to administration, staff or faculty.
- Doctoral Degree in Psychology or Counseling required.
- Five to seven years of counseling experience and professional license or certification are required.
- Two or more years of counseling experience should be in a college or university setting where crisis intervention, personal counseling, group counseling, assessment and referral, consultation, outreach and workshops are included.
- Demonstrated competence in providing supervision and maintaining APA accreditation standards of excellence. Excellent counseling, crisis intervention, communication skills (both oral and written) and familiarity with computers (PC and Mac) are required.
Learn more and apply here: https://careers.drexel.edu/en-us/job/494947/director-of-training-associate-director
- Executive Director, Big Picture Philadelphia – Dec 7
- Stoneleigh Emerging Leader Fellowship Opportunities
- Assistant Professor of Ethnic Studies and Director of Academic Innovation, Albion College, The Phila. Center
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.