Director of the Critical Path Learning Center, Philadelphia FIGHT Community Health Centers
Posted by Philadelphia FIGHT on April 2, 2019
Philadelphia FIGHT Community Health Centers provide culturally-competent comprehensive primary care, and state of the art HIV primary care to low-income members of the community, along with research, consumer education, advocacy, social services, and outreach to people with chronic health conditions including, people living with HIV and Hep C, formerly incarcerated persons, and young people at risk; and access to the most advanced clinical research in HIV and Hepatitis C treatment and prevention.
The Critical Path Learning Center at Philadelphia FIGHT is an educational hub and welcoming space devoted to the intersection of health and literacy for the digital age. We nurture life-long learning through meaningful, relevant, non-judgmental education for all people in the community, including people living with HIV, hepatitis C, and other chronic health conditions. Our core programs include a health resources library with open access computers and free wifi; adult basic, GED, and digital literacy instruction; and workforce services.
The Director of the Critical Path Learning Center is a management position and is responsible for setting the culture and leadership of the space including overseeing the Learning Center Commons operations, hospitality services, adult education programs and digital literacy programs of Philadelphia FIGHT. The Director of the Critical Path Learning Center represents Philadelphia FIGHT both on site and in the community, in a courteous, efficient manner that reflects the high level of integrity and customer service mandated by Philadelphia FIGHT.
Oversees operations of the Critical Path Learning Center
- Sets the strategic plan, direction, and strategies for the digital literacy, health resources, adult education, and workforce development programs run out of the Critical Path Learning Center that align with the missions of the Department of Education and Training and Philadelphia FIGHT overall.
- Coordinates service delivery across all Learning Center programs. Ensures a cohesive experience for Learning Center users across walk-in, instruction, and workforces services.
- Develops relevant policies and procedures for each program in coordination with program supervisors and staff
- Holds bi-weekly management staff meetings with Critical Path Learning Center Commons Supervisor and Adult Education Supervisor
- Manages all grants from the AIDS Activities Coordinating Office, HRSA, and other local, state, or federal funders.
- Ensures that all grant-funded programs are meeting performance targets.
- Ensures that all data is collected, entered, and submitted at the appropriate times and all files are prepared and ready for audits. Ensures that all monthly, quarterly, and yearly reports are written and submitted.
- Develops data collection tools and analyzes data quarterly to ensure each program is making appropriate progress toward yearly goals.
- Monitors program outcomes and tracks performance and progress to inform decisions around programming.
- Ensures the Learning Center operates on budget as assigned by the Chief Learning Officer.
- Ensures high quality policies and practices for the Learning Center that align with the Education Department’s ethics of harm reduction and client-centered services.
Oversees the Learning Center Walk-in Services and Health Resources
- Provides direct supervision to the Learning Center Commons Supervisor, who will supervise a team of librarians, case managers, and support staff.
- Ensures the Drop In Services support the broader goals of the Learning Center, Education Department, and Philadelphia FIGHT.
- Ensures the Learning Commons staff produces yearly updated resource guides and purchases appropriate books, videos, and other learning materials related to chronic health conditions (HIV, Hep C, diabetes, opioids, etc… ) to be accessible by the public.
- Ensures appropriate onsite programming for participants of the drop in space of the Critical Path Learning Center.
- Ensures that all participants can have access to short-term case management services and a suite of hospitality services for those in need.
Oversees the Adult Education Services
- Provides direct supervision to the Adult Education Supervisor, who supervises a team of instructors and support staff.
- Ensures the Adult Education Services support the broader goals of the Learning Center, Education Department, and Philadelphia FIGHT.
- Ensures Adult Education Services align with best practices in adult education from current research, state and national standards, and funding requirements.
- Ensures that appropriate intake, assessments, classes, and social services supports are in place for every student interested in adult education classes.
Oversees Employment Services
- Develops a vision for the Learning Center Employment Services by assessing the need among current participants, researching best practices in employment services, and understanding the local, state, and national climate of workforce development.
- (future) Provides direct supervision to the Employment Services Supervisor, who will supervise a job coach and support staff.
- (future) Ensures the Employment Services support the broader goals of the Learning Center, Education Department, and Philadelphia FIGHT.
- Works closely with the Institute of Community Justice at FIGHT where employment services happen to ensure continuity of experience and resource sharing whenever possible.
- Ensures adequate funding for Employment Services.
- Ensures Employment Services align with best practices in workforce development from current research, state and national standards, and funding requirements.
Responsible for the Development and Marketing of the Critical Path Learning Center
- Researches future funding opportunities and writes grants each year to support the Critical Path Learning Center with the support of the Chief Learning Officer and the Grants Manager
- Develops the content in the Learning Center marketing and outreach materials for programmatic needs.
- Develops and updates website content on the FIGHT and Learning Center websites.
- Updates and maintains social media presence for the Learning Center
- Plans fundraising and donor cultivation events for the Learning Center with assistance of the FIGHT Development department.
- Networks with other agencies, programs, and professionals to increase collaboration to support overall services and is present at community meetings and forums to increase knowledge and visibility of the Learning Center.
- Serves on a variety of boards including the Philadelphia Adult Literacy Alliance, the Technology Learning Collaborative, the KEYSPOTs, and others that may be beneficial to the Learning Center.
[Note: this position has been open for over a month. Apply soon!]
- Staff Attorney Position, Public Interest Law Center
- Operations Coordinator, Green Woods Charter School
- Customer Success Manager – PA (Remote), Aunt Bertha
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.