Director of Student Organizations, Widener University
Posted by Widener University on March 2, 2015
Widener University is currently seeking a Director of Student Organizations to directly supervise the programming, risk management, recruitment, and leadership development of our student organizations, Fraternity & Sorority Life, Senior Class and The Commuter Student Association.
Under the general direction of the Assistant Dean of Student Life, the Director supervises and facilitates all aspects of Student Organization development, Fraternity & Sorority Life, including advising IFC, NPC, NPHC and NALFO organizations; Senior Class.
· Supervises all registered student organizations
· Creates and provides leadership training for student organizations and Fraternity/Sorority leaders and advisors.
· Works to ensure best practices are implemented for the Fraternity & Sorority community.
· Liaises with the Office of Residence Life to ensure special interest housing is obtained and acceptable communal living standards are managed in each facility
· Works closely with Campus Safety to ensure proper enforcement of procedures.
· Advise Order of Omega and its executive board
· Assists student leaders with all aspects of program planning
· Assist the Assistant Dean of Student Life with all student organization budget management
· Oversee and create policies and trainings to ensure the development and success of student organizations
· Coordinate Student Organization Involvement Fairs in the fall and spring semester
· Assists with Senior Class Programming and operations of the Student Affairs division
· Coordinates functions related to advising the senior class with 1OOth Night, l and Senior Days activities.
· Share/provide/coordinate office and event coverage including evening and weekend hours as needed, including but not limited to all leadership programs, The Pride Experience One & Two, Greek Week, and Spring Fling..
· Collaborate/assist Student Affairs with achievement of the division’s strategic plan and operations as needed
· Directly advise the Commuter Student Association (CSA) and overseeing CSA programming and leadership development.
· Work with the Student Life staff to plan and implement office sponsored events, including the Student Leader Awards and the Leadership Retreats.
· Create the student organization programming calendar.
· Performs other job related duties as assigned or directed.
· Master’s Degree in Student Affairs, College Student Personnel, or related discipline from a four-year college or university
· One to three years’ experience in Fraternity & Sorority Life and working with student organizations.
· Able to demonstrate extensive knowledge of fraternity and sorority management
· Experience with creating and facilitating residential programming, promotional/ informational materials, public speaking, training and/or education classes
· Ability to assess student needs, value a high degree of student contact, interact effectively with a wide diversity of people, have excellent interpersonal skills, communicate well in verbal and written form
· Experience in working with a diverse higher education constituency
· Demonstrated organizational, administrative and computer skills (Excel, Word, and PowerPoint)
· Availability to support Student Affairs at evening and weekend evening with due notice.
· Three to five years’ experience working in Student Affairs specifically with Fraternities &Sororities, student organizations and campus programming.
· Experience with and knowledge of multicultural fraternities and sororities organizations
· Knowledge of higher education best practice
Please visit https://widener.igreentree.com/CSS_External/CSSPage_Welcome.asp to submit application. Qualified candidates must submit cover letter, resume, and salary history. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Widener University, an independent, metropolitan, doctoral-intensive University, connects curricula to social issues through civic engagement. Dynamic teaching, active scholarship, personal attention and experiential learning are key components of the Widener Experience. Located in Chester, PA, Widener’s main campus is nestled between Philadelphia, PA and Wilmington, DE, with satellite campuses in Exton and Harrisburg Pennsylvania and Wilmington Delaware. For more information about the University, please visit our website at http://www.widener.edu.
- Empowerment Coach, Cathedral Kitchen
- Employment Training Program Coordinator and Case Manager, Cathedral Kitchen
- Remote Community Engagement Positions, CCPH – Jan 29
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.