Director of Research Application and Community Engagement, Hope Center for College, Community and Justice
- Master’s degree in higher education or related field and at least three (3) years of experience working to support low-income and vulnerable individuals (which may or may not include college students); working on at least one of the following topics with the college population: financial aid, food security, housing security, foster care, returning citizens, students with children; and providing technical assistance to practitioners. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
* A high level of initiative, effort, and commitment to inclusion and social justice
* Ability to act as a catalyst for change, sharing vision and influencing others to turn vision into action
* Ability to design, implement, and manage new programs, policies and processes
* Strong supervisory skills and ability to train, develop, provide feedback to and manage performance of staff
* Strong interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to effectively convene small and large groups, facilitate partnerships, and work both internally and externally with diverse constituents across multiple organizations
* Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, in one-on-one and group settings, along with demonstrated ability to work with the media
* Leadership initiative, a positive attitude, concern for people and community, presence, self-confidence, and common sense
* Ability to prioritize, multi-task, and meet deadlines to conceptualize new solutions to problems
* Ability to exercise sound judgment, handle confidential matters with discretion, and develop a broad knowledge of the Hope Center’s programs, practices, policies, and procedures
* Experience creating and/or leading cross-institutional activities in higher education
* Familiarity with research standards, including rigor
* Training in participatory action research
* Experience working in a university-based research center
* Experience fundraising
* Ability to manage a budget.
* Comfort with technology, including task management
Stay Current in Philly's Higher Education and Nonprofit Sector
We compile a weekly email with local events, resources, national conferences, calls for proposals, grant, volunteer and job opportunities in the higher education and nonprofit sectors.